The TSLA Market / Economy

How fucking dumb does TurtleMitch have to be to barely make more than the S&P when you have all the inside information you could ever want?

The last truly bipartisan issue: legal corruption.

Lolololol fuck you Nancy Pelosi.

The linked article goes into exhaustive detail on who traded what, when, and how, and how much, so it’s easy to read and draw your own conclusions.

I think the same guy also does a report each year, so maybe some patterns emerge.

But yes, these people are fucking morons. If you gave a marginally competent person access to the same information they would make outrageous returns.

1 Like

Mitch pretty obviously values power more than money.

Mitch’s wife has more money than he does, he doesn’t give a shit at this point

There is only so much use a turtle has for money.

lol

https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1480364220185079810

https://twitter.com/kr0mb0pul0smike/status/1480365040569970691

4 Likes

Austin Scott is long a small-cap by the ticker $KPLT. Now might be a good entry point at $2.67

(Course he could have already exited for all we know, so trying to tail these four-squares is a risky proposition.)

NFLX oooof

PTON cancelling production of bikes

Not stonks

when growth stonks stop growth stonking they do that

I miss STONKS days.

PTON quickly on it’s way to being an HBS case study. Anybody I know who has their product loves it, though.

well not hard to understand, everyone stuck inside made that stonk way overstonk b/c idiots assumed they’d have those sales consistently for awhile then it had to come back down when people weren’t stuck inside anymore

In general, I enjoy when obviously overhyped and overvalued stocks come back to earth. But I love my Peloton so goddamned much that I’m just praying they continue as a healthy company and continue providing content.

I seriously thought about buying some PTON after the big drop in Dec. Glad I didn’t. But at some point it has to become a good value. They’re a profitable company with a long term revenue stream that scales, right?

natalieportman.gif

3 Likes

Hmmm, what’s their excuse for still losing money?

They had a huge warranty recall for their treadmill products. And anecdotally, their delivery of bikes and treads can be terrible and require multiple visits. (Mine were fine.) I think they’re over-investing in the physical product (bikes and treads), which they’re not necessarily great at delivering. Their advantage is the digital content.

But yes, they should have a stream of subscription revenue that scales very well.

1 Like

How does Peloton spend $32M a month on Research and Development?

Their wheel division is trying to figure out the last digit in pi

6 Likes