The TSLA Market / Economy

We’ve experienced the same thing. We’re in a house but have been looking on and off for a new one the past couple years. We aren’t looking at new builds but inventory for stuff in the upper 2000 or low 3000 square foot range is very low. We’ve thought about doing an addition on our place instead.

My house is 925sq ft.

How many occupants?

Me and the missus. Her brother lives in an equivalent if not smaller house than us though and he has 6 kids.

Sweet Christ, 2800 square feet is insanely large for a 3bd home. That’s almost four times the size of a standard Levitt home!

1 Like

im sure people will stay very levelheaded and remember that the S&P went up 30% last year and definitely will not try to politicize the market correcting during an election year.

Where I am, if it is a big enough lot, the 2500-3000 square foot houses are all being knocked down and replaced with 5000-6000 foot houses when the existing family leaves. It is a problem for housing inventory. There’s work being done to bring in affordable housing, but its all densifying apartments near public transport. Thats good if done correctly, but we are going to end up with a very stratified housing stock around here where you either can live in an apartment or you have to pay seven figures for a large house.

Here’s a house that sold for $1.1 million in 2003.

It just sold in 2021 for…$1.1 million. LOL OHIO

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7623-Fenway-Rd-New-Albany-OH-43054/34051616_zpid/

2 Likes

I suck at square footages. Maybe I should have said like 2000 or something. My point is the same that houses are too damn big.

If you click on “show more”, it also sold in 1994 for $1.1 million.

1 Like

Jesus I thought Columbus was the one bright spot in OH. I’m surprised they didn’t see any appreciation at all.

that house might sell for under $1m in western ny.

err no. i’m wrong but not really off. a similar sale price history that you guys are describing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/55-Ambassador-Dr-Rochester-NY-14610/66487535_zpid/

This is what was happening in Minneapolis when I lived there, we’d walk the neighborhood and every third house was being torn down replaced with something that took up 90٪ of the lot. I moved to a suburb that borders Minneapolis with houses built in the 50s and 60s and teardowns are very rare, plenty of renovations but I almost never see a complete demo.

Where is the golden valley? :thinking:

This is what I was thinking. My new house will be about 2800 sqft with 5 beds and 4 baths. I’m annoyed we’re going that big but we’re planning on parents moving in with us soon.

Do we even have a valley anywhere in the city? Scame name. Maybe the Theo Wirth area but that’s mostly Minneapolis i think

I’m… kind of down a hill? Eventually I’m going to go to some city function and ask that question and I’m going to some very blank stares. Its ungooglable too.

Looks like the basement nerds who abducted Catv in the attempt to spawn some fictitious weed comapny has mostly moved on. So I guess it’s finally a buy.

1 Like

Ah I forgot about CATV. Cashed it in during the hype after learning that the market cap reported by Yahoo was way off and the real market cap was much higher.

I see it was less than half its current value only 10 days ago with zero news since then, so just now I tried placing a limit order for .001/share. Unfortunately, IBKR isn’t letting me trade it anymore because now it’s a Grey Market stock. I’ll have to see if there’s a box I forgot to checkmark in the account permissions. Edit: I think to trade it on ibkr I’d need to have 5M in my account lol nvm then.

Today I learned Citadel handles 27% of all stock transactions in the U.S.

What?