The TSLA Market / Economy

I love me some Costco. I still have a good bit from when I used to buy individual stocks on the reg. It’s nice when level zero stock analysis pans out. “Costco is such a great store. Great prices. Great quality stuff. Maybe I should go buy some of their stock”.

Agreed. Ive got quite a bit from being a former employee, I just think the juxtoposition is a bit amusing.

I especially like their pharmacy, which is open to non-members too. Cheap drug prices even without using a discount program.

1 Like

I actually hate their pharmacy. I guess it would be different if I had some sort of regular prescription, but if I ever need a prescription it’s a one off. So what I would do (it has been years) is drop off the piece of paper and tell them I’ll wait for it. Most places can knock it out in 1/2 hr or so. Costco is slow AF. I’m always done with all of my shopping and they’re still not ready. Maybe they just want you to spend more time looking around buying shit.

That’s literally all it took me to buy the stock. It worked out, but it was a super donk thing to do.

Yeah, if I remember correctly about 90-95 percent of their items are sold at cost, and some below cost.

they should rebrand as Belowcostco

1 Like

I think that’s an admission of anticompetitive behavior. Our cracker jack team of elites lawbros would never allow that to pass unpunished.

I haven’t used them much, I just like their prices. My husband’s month supply of generic Adderall is like $20 there as opposed to $175 at other pharmacies. We don’t have insurance.

The membership scheme is so effective that I’ve held onto mine despite not living within 4 hours of one for the past 6 years.

Cheaper gas + even more discount with their card is goat.

I live near one but only go a few times a year, their meat department (well mostly just steak) has slipped over the years which was what I loved the most about them. The one I go to doesn’t have gas either so can’t take advantage of that.

How does Japanese Costco compare to American Costco. Is it pretty much the same?

A few different items in the food court and food section, some different items on the floor but many of the same from the U.S. Otherwise, looks and feels very much the same.

Can you still get a hot dog and soda for $1.50 at the food court

Here’s a good rundown of some of the food items unique to Japan. The last picture shows the hot dog and soda combo at 180 yen, so just about the same.

Huh, Japan also has supermarket sushi.

Absolutely, and it’s delicious.

Is it standard for all the labels to be bilingual or is that just a Costco thing?

Why wouldn’t it? Japan also has vending machine sushi.