The TSLA Market / Economy

Does this robot come out before or after the Tesla truck?

Also we’re one step closer to my animated kid’s movie idea:

It’s far in the future. No one works. Every kid gets a robot on their 12th birthday. The kid is responsible for maintaining, programming, and finding work for the robot. Kids gets to keep any income the robot makes.

One kid gets a buggy dud robot that can’t do anything right. But somehow because of its special unique screwiness, the dud robot ends up saving the world.

4 Likes

Should you believe him? I won’t answer that for you, but I want to restate the facts. Elon Musk got up on stage last night and promised that Tesla, a company whose driver assist software is unable to reliably avoid parked ambulances, would soon build a fully functioning humanoid robot. Musk said that the machine would be able to follow human instructions intuitively, responding correctly to commands like “please go to a store and get me the following groceries.” He outlined these scenarios and then said: “Yeah, I think we can do that.” This was minutes after he’d ushered away the best demo of the Tesla Bot available: a dancer in a spandex suit.

From the Verge article…

This sort of bait-and-switch is often how Musk operates. Just think about how his plans for the Hyperloop changed over time. The technology was announced as a railgun-like train system that would move people from Los Angeles to San Francisco in less than half an hour. Over the years, these ambitions have shrunk until the project morphed into The Loop: a small tunnel that you can drive a car through, if you want. (Otherwise known as: a tunnel.)

and yet here we are with the tech press falling over themselves again.

By June 2019, the company paved the tunnel roadway with asphalt, smoothed the surface, added guide-way for autonomous vehicle operation, and were testing car runs (without a skate) through the mile-long tunnel at speeds of 90 mph (140 km/h) for autonomous control and up to 116 mph (187 km/h) with human control.[42]

wat - we’re gonna have humans driving 116 through a tunnel?

Twentieth Century Studios and Locksmith Animation’s “Ron’s Gone Wrong” is the story of Barney, a socially awkward middle-schooler and Ron, his new walking, talking, digitally-connected device, which is supposed to be his ‘Best Friend out of the Box.’ Ron’s hilarious malfunctions set against the backdrop of the social media age, launch them into an action-packed journey in which boy and robot come to terms with the wonderful messiness of true friendship.
—Twentieth Century Studios

4 Likes

Damn someone stole my idea. I demand payment!

2 Likes

I still have a small % of my portfolio in QCLN, which I know have a bunch of TSLA, because I’m scared to own TSLA and I’m scared not to own TSLA.

In fairness, I expect that a lot of people would actually prefer to get a guy in a robot suit to an actual robot. Also may be a remedy to housing issues in the Bay Area.

Tesla says the robot “won’t fight back”, which would be disconcerting if I thought there was any chance of it happening in my lifetime.

Why not simply manufacture and sell humans to do boring menial work?

2 Likes

Schrodinger’s TSLA

1 Like

The Vegas tunnel stretches 1.7 miles long beneath the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). The system consists of three stations—one on each end of the tunnel above ground and the third in the middle underground—and a fleet of 62 Tesla cars for picking up and dropping off passengers at these stations to shorten a 45-minute walk across the giant convention center to a two-minute ride. The network is designed to move up to 4,400 passengers an hour.

Jesus that’s lame. What if we made a people mover, but with cars?

Counterpoint, that idea is not at all lame.

Yeah I can see a glorious day when airports replace their trams with fleets of Teslas. It makes too much sense not to happen.

Scores of individual cars racing through a tunnel rather than a simple, multi-car tram on a track.

Genius!

We’re not particularly good at passenger rail in this country.

It’s really expensive. Nearly impossible to place routes that are useful.

We’re really good at roads. And cars.

An electrified public fleet has a lot of potential to solve a host of issues far beyond just replacing trains.

Like for 80 billion, you could build a high speed train from LA to sf.

Or you could buy every citizen in sf a tesla!

Probably both really bad ideas.

we’re objectively more propagandized than North Koreans aren’t we :man_shrugging:

I mean if the nyt printed that W shot 18 at the us open that would be way less malicious than this

Yeah I should have covered for a small profit and then re-shorted today, but instead I’m slightly losing now. I thought if it was gonna move, it would have already because it had all day to on Friday. I guess boomers just needed a day to transfer funds. It’s fine, this is a long-term short for me, and this “news” is bearish assuming the price ever catches up to reality (i know i know…lol me). I just have to hope “fake it til you make it” doesn’t succeed here.

My 5 other shorts are profiting though, and I’ll probably short a few more companies when I have more spare $ to gamble, assuming they don’t tank by then. Imo it’s much easier to find overvalued stonks in this market than undervalued ones.

Isn’t it better to pay the min on your student loans?

1. Good chance at least some of it will be forgiven in the next 10 years.

2. You can invest the money that would go towards payments and get a better return. Especially when you can make thousands selling jpegs.