The TSLA Market / Economy

He just thought most Canadians are lazy or stupid.

3 Likes

Dude clearly never came to Winnipeg.

I’m a little fuzzy on how he put it, but I’d agree if you said “many” instead of “most”.

His basic point was that $1 million was nothing and there were tons of millionaires around. He still looked at them as poors because to Henry, $1 million ain’t shit.

Always has been .jpg

“no chance at seeing any payments” = scare tactic

“reasonable chance of seeing less benefit than is currently given” (either through lower inflation adjusted payments or increasing age of eligibility) = not an unreasonable position

1 Like

100% scare tactic, completely unchanged from 20 years ago, completely unchanged from 40 years ago. Which is as far back as my memory goes.

The social security fund can run deficits. It could even run to 0 some day. It’s not actually important if the social security payment comes from the social security fund or from the general fund. Pretending it is important is the lie.

1 Like

My understanding of current law is that when the fund draws down to zero, benefits are automatically cut to match revenue.

Old people vote. The party which figures out they can pay benefits from the general fund has a leg up in winning those votes.

Highly skeptical of this.

Like, the present value of Medicare is probably mid 6-figures because lol USA, but I wouldn’t call that wealth.

1 Like

Well Canada does have a bigger public sector and the median career public servant in Canada with a house and a pension would indeed be a millionaire.

Yeah, that was basically his point entirely. Hence, being a millionaire in Canada is not really a significant accomplishment for anyone in their 50s.

His view was tainted from living in our national capital which has even more of the population is public sector.

A book of Henryisms would be pure gold. Even if many of them probably aged poorly.

I feel like Henry was right about most things, but when he was wrong he wasn’t just a little wrong and it was hilarious.

2 Likes

This is, or was at least, a blog dedicated to Henryisms, as you put it. My googlefu is failing me but maybe someone remembers it.

Indeed, being able to invest in index funds at no cost is basically the best part of capitalism. Which is why that thread about the "spock/shock market’ was so lol.

Serious question: was am.anda kn.0x really guilty? I couldn’t stand Henry but I thought he was right in that ridiculous thread.

She was absolutely guilty but the Italian police fucked up big time.

This is my opinion as well. Hope this doesn’t lead to extraction followed by the unstuck kn. 0x thread.

Fastest way to build up the site’s member/post count?

1 Like