The TSLA Market / Economy

On the blockchain cloud, powered by machine-learning AI, all bluetooth-enabled.

3 Likes

BRIEF-Hackers Steal Wealth Of Data From Game Giant EA - Vice REUTERS 9:04 AM ET 6/10/2021 June 10 (Reuters) -

• HACKERS STEAL WEALTH OF DATA FROM GAME GIANT EA - VICE
  • IN FORUM POSTS HACKERS SAID THEY HAVE TAKEN SOURCE CODE FOR ELECTRONIC ARTS’ FIFA 21, AS WELL AS CODE FOR ITS MATCHMAKING SERVER - VICE Further company coverage:

Not sure what ORPH is but it’s up over 1000%

These ZOMG INFLATION stories are so ridiculous. The obviously temporary increase in the CPI is based on massively higher prices for…used cars and airline tickets. Meanwhile treasury yields, a far more reliable indicator, are down.

I’ve been in Bighorn camping with no phone service until today this week. Looks like I would have been up mega yesterday. Still up over 100% but feels bad man :/.

I’m dumping tomorrow no matter what.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/EricBoehlert/status/1403361149014450176

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That’s a good one.

2 Likes

So yesterday it’s announced that Callaway (ELY) is moving into the S&P MidCap 400 after GRUB was purchased, and it responds by dropping >3% today. Wut.

Pretty irritating read. I didn’t realize PE has managed to convert management fees into capital gains, which is obviously nonsense. There are huge dollar amounts in play here and it is so maddening that it is not being addressed. On issue after issue Democrats can’t be blamed for wondering why the hell they bother to show up and vote.

Its just embarrassing that they don’t have the courage to increase taxes on capital gains, this would be popular with literally 95% of the population.

It wouldn’t be popular with many congress critters or their masters through.

That article reveals there are three separate whistle blowers who all have the experience and expertise to walk the IRS through audits.

They’re still not auditing anyone.

1 Like

I know. Its straight corruption. People like Pelosi have millions in unrealized capital gains in their own name. Its just disgraceful that not only do Congress people exempt themselves from prosecution for insider trading they then want favorable tax treatment on their illegally obtained capital gains!

1 Like

When I do my own business taxes year after year, honestly, I always wonder what the point is when basically no one is audited. This stuff has a trickle down effect also because I’m sure I’m not the only one contemplating bending or breaking the rules.

Right. Also the cheaters have absolutely zero fear of jail. Unless you write an email “I am cheating on my taxes,” the worst that happens is your lawyers fight with the IRS for a while and you eventually pay a fraction of what you stole.

They audit the shit out of poor people claiming the earned income tax credit, though.

Making the IRS 10x bigger is the most obvious good policy I can think of. It literally only hurts people that are actively avoiding paying their fair share of taxes. Again, Dems will never do this because they are afraid of what Republicans will say about it. Disgraceful.

In a late stage falling empire with kleptocrats snatching every last bit of wealth as they run out the door of the burning building it’s obvious that you can’t trust the government to right-size tax enforcement. The US should be a global leader on this, not a safe haven for tax cheats. Good policy here would be something like pegging the IRS budget to GDP so that the department grows as the economic activity increases and brings with it greater scope for tax fraud. Of course the Dems can’t do this because they just allowed the Rs to establish Taxes Are Bad as a foundational belief. It’s probably in the Constitution somewhere.

2 Likes

They don’t even have enough people to these emails and chase down the offender.

Jesus fucking christ that is a terrible idea. Then again I”ve got half of my 401k in tulips.

1 Like

The two things I’ve been waiting to buy after the pandemic are a new house and a nice used car. Oh and I have 3 weddings I need to fly to between now and the fall. Looks like I’ll keep waiting on the house and the car for now. (Pretty sure used car prices will eventually fall, but not so sure how long it will take, if at all, for housing.)

Edit: rental cars are also like $700 to $900 per week right now lol.

I mean, that sucks for you, but the items you’re buying being temporarily more expensive is not inflation.