The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

they did. they got fired.

If you think our oversight will stop dems from being corrupt…ok…

I think this is a good point and it is apples and oranges. That doesn’t mean there’s nothing at all wrong with the oranges. The point is that a seat at the table is for sale. Who was at the table? Random sampling of people who donated $2800 this one time? The hosts have donated $2.4 million to Democrats. They are more than one time $2800 donors. They may not get to dictate policy, but they get their phone call answered and they get listened to.

3 Likes

8 Likes

Seems like a couple of people disagree with point B

You forgot to log in to the sweetsummerchild account.

I think this is a good point. Do we have data on that? My only experience is in the UK and australia. Where b list celebrities get just ballpark 10k for speaking fees.

There’s an even bigger payout coming when she finishes up this job.

I can’t believe some people think it’s ok for retired high government officials to make absurd speaking fees. Like, the whole point is they get paid retroactively. And everyone who takes the job knows this. It’s a lot of money.

Sometimes Wall Street hits the jackpot and that specific person ends up in a powerful position again. One could even argue this is worse for Wall Street, since the official has now received a dose of life-changing money and could conceivably choose to follow the public interest–admittedly, going against the person they have been up to this point, so unlikely. It’s better to have Buttigiegs and Holders in place, guys who already have plenty, but haven’t got that set-for-life-crazy-rich-drop yet but know it’s coming.

The whole point of bribing Obama, Clintons, Biden, Yellen, etc. isn’t really because of the chance they take power again, it’s so the young guns know what they’re in for as long as they don’t pull the lever to stop the trolley.

11 Likes

i assure you i did not.

reagan really did a number destroying your faith of good governance. like i agree IGs need to be more independent, unfirable, and have real teeth when they find something, and that’s going to take legislation. but i don’t think they are sitting there ignoring those who get appointed and confirmed.

Do you even know how hard it is to get indicted for corruption? Unless they explicitly state this is a bribe that I am paying you for the specific purpose of you doing X there won’t be any charges. Handing over or accepting money is not an illegal bribe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/romney-floats-sweeping-vaccine-plan-as-u-s-nears-20-million-covid-19-cases/ar-BB1cpgt0
Should have put Romney in the cabinet in charge of HHS. This seems better than anything the dems have come up with.

6 Likes

it’s easier than you might think to get indicted for calling your stock broker, or receiving a call from a ceo of a company, and then ending an investigation, if you have any sort of regulatory powers.

Yep.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1345126196523237382

3 Likes

Name some examples.

You just keep ignoring the fact that political appointees and elected officials are not treated the same as a G12 employee.

You may have noticed that our president chose not to divest from any of his business interests, and has faced no consequences. Multiple members of Congress openly engaged in insider trading at the beginning of the pandemic. No consequences.

Remember Halliburton?

1 Like

Any idiot can give out vaccinations. Just have to direct people to do it.

You seriously need to educate yourself:

1 Like

This is one of the low key ways the Supreme Court has caused massive damage almost completely below the radar. It’s basically impossible to get convicted of corruption because you have to get caught saying “if you give me this money I will do this specific thing you want.” See also, gerrymandering, voting rights, campaign finance.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Seriously. They should have started a federal jobs program in the weeks leading up to the release of the vaccines. Unemployed waitresses would do fine with proper training. I don’t think its that hard.

1 Like