The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

And that’s prolly the correct stance to take.

chris collins. these donks Northern District of Florida | Farm Service Agency Executive Director, Former Clerk Of Court, And 27 Others Indicted For Conspiracy To Commit Wire Fraud And Theft Of Government Funds | United States Department of Justice

obviously there are more investigations and people forced out before sentencing, etc.

Can you point me to where it says anything about bribery or corruption in this case? This looks to be about fraud.

halliburton faced a pretty strong case against them for sure, which got superseded by other iraq war scandals and financial crisis. although i am pretty sure there were settlements there were shamefully no criminal charges. still, yellen isn’t cheney by a long shot.

ianal, i can’t tell you exactly how to scale up this system so that meaningful sentencing can happen without public attention. like it takes weeks of people in the streets before legislators can even hold a hearing. but clearly you need actual watchdogs.

i’ve read the menendez analysis. and i can tell you that it doesn’t even start there. McDonnel ruling in VA is arguably far worse. both cases were started by inspector generals iirc. judges fucked it up. totally agree with you on those outcomes.

more examples? i just googled them, i can see a couple of congressmen with bribery schemes in 2000s. i remember DC official getting caught when i lived there. cannot remember who it was.

oh yeah, somewhat related is the rachel maddow podcast/book about spiro agnew getting impeached over corruption/bribery. i know it’s a long time ago, but at the time it was all fbi and special counsel investigations. i think IGs came later

This is correct.

It’s weird not being able to tell the difference between legal and illegal vs right and wrong. Not that I’m calling anyone here a lawyer, but that is something that tends to happen to them.

2 Likes

Catching up ITT so semigrunching - has anyone pointed out the fact that the optimal strategy in ticket to ride is to just stop your opponents from building good, productive routes? Seems relevant.

1 Like

It’s a board game, not real life, don’t get too crazy.

1 Like

A former Ambassador to Malta has this idea:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/532189-as-trump-pursues-an-electoral-do-over-should-biden-pick-obama-as-ag

Good Lord that would have some terrific entertainment value.

2 Likes

Zero chance Obama wants this job.

3 Likes

Which Obama?

Just pointing out how nice it would be if we could reimagine the way we implicitly conceive of the concept of “lawyer”

2 Likes

As a Norwegian I like how we’re somehow excluded, but wondering why.

I’m not sure why the meme was made that way. I didn’t create it myself.

Didn’t Biden promise to nominate an actual republican to his cabinet (yeah yeah, I know, herp derp they’re all republicans!), but has he actually nominated someone with an ‘R’ next to their name and I missed it?

Y‘all know what you did. Let’s not talk about it anymore.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/mugrimm/status/1346186636464447495?s=21

6 Likes

She might’ve stolen this story from MLK lmaooo. No wonder Biden picked her, they both love telling wild lies

This is from this interview

1 Like

She truly is learning alot from Uncle Joe.

Remember when Obama had all 3 branches

Now Biden can get Hillldawg through nomination as AG.

Could you imagine the collective heads exploding on the right if her DOJ indicted the tRUmp clan?

3 Likes