The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

I think the discussion around this has been pretty shameful. The amount of ad hominem around Dore is just sick, I’ve never seen so many people I liked for analysis just degenerate instantly into ad-hom. There are plenty of people who support the idea, so engage that.

A lot of these people built their following by channeling righteous energy at the establishment Dems who want to keep people sick and dying while we wait for change to happen at a glacier’s pace. Now, these same people are gatekeeping the righteous energy of other leftists who want things to move faster. Pretty disgraceful.

As for the idea, seems like good pressure to me. I’d like to see more votes on the floor for the popular policies that are being shut out by both establishments.

Is that really what progressives should be doing?

My exchange insurance next year is around $270/mo after subsidy with a $1000 deductible. Similar to this year.

Politics and UP have ruined me. I just had a dream that one of you posted about Chuck Grassley saying “it’s no big deal that Biden rides a bike, I’ve been riding a bike since I was 5 years old.” I then was so excited to post a reply saying he was clearly lying because the bicycle wasn’t invented until 1817, when Grassley was already 10 years old. Can’t I sleep in peace without you people bothering me? Jesus.

21 Likes

Here’s an interesting strategy:

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1338848905652547585

https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1338849150713143296

5 Likes

I agree with this for the most part. I’m just concerned about the consequences if it’s done prematurely as it could backfire. For example, no one wants a Republican Speaker. Secondly, I worry that the real progressive wing is still too small of a minority and doesn’t have the votes versus establishment Dems. If they try using their power prematurely and it fails, then the eDems will always be able to pshaw them the next time something important comes up

That said, there’s gotta be a way to start leveraging the will of the people and use it to outflank the establishment. Even though I agree in principle with Dore, how important is it to pick our battles wisely?

What’s the Dore strategy? Sounds like its Appoint a Republican as majority leader? That is absolutely dumb as fuck and would have most voters hating the absolute shit out of them.

I think the voters need to do the heavy lifting here. Demand action or sit our future elections until we get it. Were a huge part of the party now.

@skydiver8 does this Pete to Transportation Secretary put you in the inner circle?

Can you get me a pardon for some things I’d like to do?

1 Like

It’s department of trans portation pete

1 Like

I suppose I just don’t have the capacity to get too upset about unqualified cabinet members after really the whole Trump Administration but especially Rick Perry being in charge of a department he wanted to eliminate.

Really? Jesus man delete this.

3 Likes

And couldn’t remember the name of when asked why he wanted to eliminate it.

Lol GOPete. Drops out to endorse a guy with less delegates, the same guy that had been making fun of his record, and his reward is crunching spreadsheets for Amtrak. I’m guessing he won’t do anything about the rat food in the dining car tho

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1338921612175806464?s=20

Wow, So basically Bernie Sanders was born at the age of 70, and has remained age 70 his entire life? How the fuck is that video from 26 years ago?

3 Likes

To clarify, Jimmy Dore is calling for House progressives to withhold votes from Pelosi for Speaker unless she allows a M4A floor vote.

He is 46 years old in this picture. The same age as people like Jimmy Fallon, Seth Green and Mahershala Ali are now.

2 Likes

Omg he went grey and balding in his 40s!

2 Likes

Also omg he doesn’t look as good as professional actors who make a million dollar living off their face

Eye boogers is right bernie should totally fire his makeup team. What is he even paying them for? He’ll never get that next role

Thanks for taking some leadership here Clovis.

No gay/trans jokes please wheatrich.

4 Likes

A guitarist I used to play with looked like that when he was 26.

Hey, when’s the last time we had a POTUS who wore glasses?

What a shallow country. Dye your hair, hide your glasses, whiten your teeth…that’s how you get elected!

2 Likes