The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

Nuke the filibuster and tell every congressperson not on board he will ruin their careers and life if they don’t get in line.

Authoritarian as hell but honestly it’s clear we need a fucking tankie to get shit done in this shithole country.

He definitely could have done the public option with enough pressure on Liberman.

and lol no of course he wouldn’t have.

1 Like

yes i called it discourse. and i was/am of the opinion that spanberger should take her lumps and try to do better next time, not get mad at aoc. but i like spanberger because that’s the only way planned parenthood can survive in virginia. candidates like that. i am a lot closer to aoc on this issue and in philosophy, and i wish more candidates adopted her HAM campaigning, but if you don’t run as a spanberger in central va, you get representation like denver Riggleman and Virgil Goode.

there’s no party unity on issues, obviously. i’m saying voting with republicans for speaker is the wrong fucking move. leaving the party is even more awful

1 Like

I think it would be so easy to come up with some pithy slogan that essentially says, “if we trust people to own guns, we should trust them with money for basic necessities. Give the people money!”

2 Likes

I think that “progressive” is amorphous and not everyone means the same things when they say it. I’m not sure I’d self-identify as a progressive (mostly because I’m not exacty clear on what that entails).

There are plenty of progressive policies I am in support of. And Bernie was my preferred DEM candidate. Maybe that’s enough.

1 Like

WHERE’S HUNTER???

1 Like

That seems possible but is it really probable? Bernie is very popular. AOC is very popular. Why is there so much certainty that a more left wing 3rd party wins 1 or 2 seats and not 50?

Interviewing somewhere on K street probably.

1 Like

lol i’m alone in my house sometimes i’ll just scream out WHERE’S HUNTER?!

7 Likes

Benghazi ain’t going away!

I think you are clueless about joe lieberman if you think pressure on him was gonna do anything. He dgaf.

Seriously. He was successfully primaried and he still won the general and continued not GAF.

I just watched Joe give a presser where he condescendingly laughed at a reporter who asked him how he intends to get Mitch McConnell to cooperate with him.

2 Likes

ha ha, he he, ho ho, don’t you see?? joe has got em! 40 years of doing these guys favor after favor is about pay off because joe is cashing in IOUs! that’s the plan!

5 Likes

So for the “I’m never voting for a democrat again” folks:

Do you regret your vote for Biden and wish that Trump won?

Will you vote for Trump in 2024 (or sit it out in hopes he wins)?

No and of course not. I also never said I am never voting for a Dem again. I said we need to try and defeat the current DemE crowd even if that means guerilla warfare.

1 Like

A big part of achieving the goal of defeating eDems is going to have to be a change in tone. Chapo style disdain for everything and everyone, accompanied by arrogance, pettiness and hostility is not going to be effective.

4 Likes

I think people inherently understand that the system is broken and corrupt. That is largely how we got Trump. Trump was basically the Chapo of the right. But I completely agree that won’t work on the left as we have seen. People on the left actually value things like empathy, civility, decency, etc. That’s how we all got in line to vote for Uncle Joe. So you need to frame it in a campaign of kindness towards our fellow humans rather than a cynical hatred of the DemE crowd.

It has to be framed as the super-rich vs everyone else.

And then start delivering. Not holding my breath,

1 Like

Nice bad faith posting keep it up

1 Like

The Dems are on the payroll of the “super-rich”, so they can’t frame it as super-rich vs everyone else.

1 Like