The Transition of Joe Biden: what's everyone Yellen about?

Pete’s turn will come.

Biden is going to go for people with administrative/executive experience. Not too many of those under 60. The fight will be to put more younger and progressive and diverse people in the underneath tier of jobs so that you have experienced bureaucrats to plug into the next administration.

1 Like

Let us transition into hating on biden

10 Likes

Eh, not just Pete. I just want younger people in general. Hopefully we’ll have some turnover in the next few years.

Any rumors about where Pete is landing? Any truth to the VA?

Sure there are tons of rumors. UN Ambassador!

https://twitter.com/Lis_Smith/status/1330973807717339140?s=20

the new one is Transportation. :woman_shrugging:

Honestly, the entire time Biden has said “Pete will get something if he wants it.” It’s entirely possible Pete doesn’t want it.

1 Like

I think he should ask for DNC chair instead of a Cabinet position.

Dunno if he’d want it because it sounds like the worst job ever, but Press Secretary?

1 Like

very difficult to get to POTUS out of the cabinet and Pete’s not getting any of the good ones anyway.

nah someone else can do the boring stuff–give him a new position of well something I couldn’t think of a good title quickly

where all he does is non stop dunking on republicans in the media

pete would be the perfect sam seaborn, as deputy press sec. he needs to be on fox news owning fools at least every other day, and twice on weekends.

I’m good with appointing Pete the Dunk Czar

3 Likes

We already there

You could make a good argument he’s a better attack dog if he doesn’t have a direct cabinet appointment.

I’d prefer the precedent from him having a high-level appointment that leads into greater public office opportunities, but he’s also setting a fine precedent dunking on the GOP if that’s more to his taste.

Creation of a climate czar and putting Kerry in that post is an unarguable good. It’s a huge win!

Also putting a Latino in charge of homeland security and thus immigration is also a huge win.

The “where will Pete go?” discussion is a case study in vapid liberal celebrity politics. Who cares where the little corporate owned spook is going to go, it’s just his reward for being a good boy and dropping out at the right time during the Democratic Party. He has no signature issue, just a bunch of platitudes and corporate double speak. His supporters understand this at least subconsciously, which is why they just want a good spot for the special little boy.

In a real, functioning democracy, his concession and endorsement in the primary would be tied to something helpful for the people. In the USA, where you don’t have to worry about the votes from the suppressed working class, you can just use billionaire wine cave support to pander to a select group of well-off liberals and carve your way into the new administration. Sad!

8 Likes

Someone mentioned pete. Out pops watevs from his deep dark hole!

4 Likes

not biden but in power transition moves

https://twitter.com/npfandos/status/1331005693072175106

6 Likes

cabinet confirmed?

Lol hoping it’s like ambassador to Canada or something

I can think of one person!

5 Likes