The Television Streaming Thread: Part III

Homicide now streaming on Peacock

Bigger than the Olympics

Slate having conniptions about the aspect ratio

Wut

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1827448680057635023?t=ilph_iwXmB4iRSA08jn9xQ&s=19

2 Likes

Would have been nice if they hadnā€™t killed all their good will by bricking the ever-living hell out of season 3.

1 Like

Maybe there was a gas leak and everyone hallucinated season three?

1 Like

I prefer that explanation to one where I have to confront the reality where that musical number in the finale actually happened.

1 Like

4 Likes

Rewatched episode three of Last of Us. Itā€™s for sure in top 10 best episodes of tv all time.

9 Likes

I really want to like Industry, but it just is not good. The writing is terrible.

https://x.com/JacobStolworthy/status/1807881426781561208

1 Like

Tulsa King is an objectively dumb and bad show, but I still enjoy it. Season 2 starts next month!

1 Like

Lost should stop being greedy and just be thankful that viewers havenā€™t launched a class-action suit against them for fraud for pretending that they had any ideas in mind at all when the pilot full of mystery boxes was released.

4 Likes

I thought they were at least improvising in a clever way through the last season, but then they abandoned the split reality caused by Julietā€™s sacrifice. I remember reading that they switched the plan halfway through the final season, so itā€™s no wonder it felt like the eventual finale came out of left field.

I mean I donā€™t really know how the final season went, I finally put a stop to my voluntary participation in the defrauding of myself at some point during season three when it became super obvious that the emperor had no clothes. So I canā€™t say Iā€™m in the group that picks on the Lost finale.

1 Like

Never watched an episode of Lost, I think thatā€™s by far my biggest TV avoid. Maybe Iā€™ll change that with this Netflix addition.

1 Like

Itā€™s a show that would have benefited massively n today 10 ep season world instead of the network 24 eps it was produced in.

It resulted in a lot of fluff and crap to wade though to get the really great stuff but there is a ton of really great stuff.

5 Likes

Lost is a good show, but thereā€™s a lot of nonsense. Like whatever happened to Walt? And why they gotta do Jin and Sun like that?

1 Like

I agree itā€™s not ā€œgoodā€ exactly, but itā€™s perfectly enjoyable pulp imo. I will say that this season it seems to be taking itself more seriously than in the past, which is not a positive development. But Iā€™ll still watch.

I would definitely watch it. The first season is so fucking good. The season finale is still one of the GOATs.

Some weak moments in season 2 first half, but then it becomes an all time banger again.

Season 3 is AMAZING. Goddamn that twist in the finale blew my mind.

Season 4 is where I started going okay now hold on a second lol.

1 Like

If you do watch it, just be aware of how pointless it is to guess early on what theyā€™re pointing toward because they didnā€™t know either.

It should also be noted that the show features a primary protagonist, Jack, who has all the personality and magnetism of a soggy piece of toast.

1 Like

20 year anniversary of Lostā€¦

5 Likes