The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Other ad-based platforms with awesome catalogs and original content:

Tubi
Pluto (includes free live TV with commercials like it never changed)
YouTube
Crackle
Roku
Vudu
Kanopy (needs a library card)
Curiosity Stream/Nebula (YouTube alternative by BreadTube; free for 1 week with library card)
Freeform
Freeverse

If you download the JustWatch app and customize your homepage with those platforms, you’ll feel like every day is Xmas looking through what’s new each day.

Sometimes it’s just a couple of dozen. Other times it’s hundreds. Don’t think it’s ever crossed 1k new titles a day, but it’s been close.

3 Likes

Hard to say as I would not consider a single one of them to be “likable.”

But the one I’m looking forward to seeing how they develop most moving forward is Christopher, as he seems to have at least some base level of complexity beyond simple mafia thug.

sopranos christopher getting healthy

5 Likes

Interesting. My favorite is by far Livia. Insane manipulative Italian mother. The acting is incredible and she regularly gets me laughing. What an awesome character

3 Likes

Started rewatching the Sopranos. Episode 1 open tests me with Melfi off the bat, but I am going to try to not skip her scenes.

I did appreciate Rockford Files playing in the nursing home, since Chase produced on that show.

pretty fun “one of these is not like the others” game in these screenshots

from movie thread

I’m not in the US so I can’t experience it but browsing Tubi seems like fun, finding hidden gems among piles of (hopefully enjoyable) trash lol

1 Like

I always wanted a tv channel that was just pilots of shows. Not even shows that made the air but any pilots. I would watch the crap out of that.

1 Like
5 Likes

That’s awesome. Idk who you are but I like your movie takes.

2 Likes

Just in case anyone here hasn’t seen one of the more famous pilots that didn’t go further.

2 Likes

Livia seems like a pretty classic case of Borderline P.D.

5 bags of popcorn!

1 Like

Pretty sure Melfi describes her exactly as such in S1

There’s all kinds of little Easter eggs throughout the show. And never skip the Melfi scenes. They’re crucial to Tony’s character development and is a sign of being bad at tv

1 Like

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1640067955621855232?s=20
eyes

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/timeimmemorial_/status/1640154109461274627?s=20

2 Likes

Please let him reign for two seasons as the new Jennifer Coolidge.

Hell, reveal that this is her much younger brother.

Man that succession was a tough watch. We’re going to rightfully get a way less fun but objectively great season.

1 Like

Kevin Finnerty

:+1: