The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I thought I read that he was actually a very wholesome person, will be very sad if he comes out as deplorable or gets into some MeToo stuff.

Upon further reflection, I might have been thinking of someone else. Dean Cain maybe? Is he MAGA friendly?

Dean Cain went from playing Lois & Clark’s Superman to charging $75 for people to watch him read Peter Strzok and Lisa Page texts. Now, despite the latter show getting a CPAC revival, the pro-Trump actor has lined up what may be his best role yet. Per a new press release from JCFilms, a “Christian film ministry,” Cain will star in Being Trump, a “political comedy” that “unveils the truth and mystery about Donald Trump’s politics” while also making our president the first man to walk on Mars.

President Donald Trump’s Space Force program has quickly become a reality and when the first mission to MARS is introduced our President insists on being the first man to walk the red planet,” begins the synopsis before, in its second half, collapsing into grammatical and structural ruin. “However, the framers of our constitution never imagined a sitting President leaving the planet and if so, would Trump really need to transfer his powers or could he just find a look-a-like to fill in for a few days.” (A few days!)

2 Likes

Thanks! I knew it was one of those superman actors.

Not much discussion about Andor? I think it might be the best star wars stuff since the first 3 movies. Basically a political/espionage show that takes place in the Star Wars universe. Last ep was really dark. Straight up holocaust/nazi vibes in the prison

There’s some discussion of Andor here About Mandalorian and other Star Wars Things

I got busy and stopped around episode 4 with intention to go back and finish up, probably after the Phillies run.

White Lotus started tonight, new cast except for Stifler’s mom and they’re in Italy.

1 Like

The first season was so good and also such a contained storyline that I could see them pulling off another season with a different kind of story (as opposed to a variation of the same story). I’ll be watching it

The Sinner started weird, stayed weird, and ended flat. The lack of Maine accents, and the presence of Canadian accents (they shot it in Canada), in a show set on a small Maine island was very tilting.

Still better than The Watcher!

1 Like

Somewhat unorthodox recommendation, but I am really digging High School on Amazon [but you can watch it w/ ads even if you don’t have Prime. It is based on the lives of Tegan and Sara, twin sisters who are in a dope band together. It’s a good mix of serious (first loves, trying to carve out your own identity as a teenager, especially when you are a twin, etc) and fun (getting in silly only mildly dangerous situations while getting high with your dirtbag friends, listening to awesome mid-90’s alternative music). Clea DuVall is a co-creator and wrote and directed some of the episodes, so that should give you an idea of the tone.

I just finishing watching Reboot on Hulu. I found it pretty amusing. Keegan-Michael Key, Judy Greer and Rachel Bloom are fine as the leads, but Johnny Knoxville, Paul Reiser and Rose Abdoo are hilarious.

1 Like

The first episode was White Lotus Season 2 delivered imho.

3 Likes

yeah I was a fan of it, seems like we’ll have some good characters

Been busy lately, but returned to watching Cabinet of Curiosities.

3rd episode was good, but not as great as most seem to think. I’d put it on par with the first two episodes.

Episode 4 was terrible. What in the hell was that?

Haha, just watched it last night, thought it was great! Ep 1 the only one I thought was meh.

I’m really looking forward to the Panos Cosmatos episode, I’m guessing Guillermo is going to let him go wild with it.

Oh, no. No. No.

NO

Why?

Ep 4 was pretty stupid, but I found it oddly entertaining.

Ep 1 started out so strong, I was really into the setup, then just abruptly ends.