The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

We do. Barry shoots him in the arm. Same arm he later shoots Akhmal. Same spot even. Wow he’s so good.

Barry pilot was great and if you don’t like it you won’t like the rest of the series either.

2 Likes

The rehearsal

Rewatching with my wife from beginning, its amazing how the first episode is almost an entirely different show, before the various metas and layers are introduced in subsequent episodes. That show, a more episodic version of rehearsals similar to Nathan for You, would still be a pretty good show imo, but this is not that show.

Was the fake overdose just for angela’s benefit? I noticed the paramedics were the actors from the class.

1 Like

The show gets progressively darker and less funny, which not everyone will like.

Berg is incredibly good at the darkly comedic. Same with Hader. He has a real knack for it. Ive been increasingly impressed by his writing credits, though I probably shouldnt be surprised as he was a staff writer on South Park during their golden age

1 Like

The show is structured like a video game. The first episode is just the tutorial introducing you to the main mechanic. Like mario is about jumping and going right. That’s the whole concept. Then you iterate and add complications to that core mechanic (enemies, moving platforms etc) and by the end of the game you’re doing insane things but getting there felt totally natural.

1 Like

BCS leaked an hour early btw

Don’t do it Kim!

Fuckinf Comcast did work in my neighborhood to “enhance” our services and knocked all our shit out since before 10am. And it might not be back until late afternoon tomorrow, so I can’t watch BCS.

I know im late to the party on this one, but Hacks should get more love here. Its an incredibly well written show

Constantine spin off please

well if there’s one thing that The Sandman is really really good at, it’s spinoffs. WB is holding on to the rights to John Constantine (which is why it’s Johanna in The Sandman show), so if we get anything on Netflix, it’ll be Johanna

I have a feeling in season two we’ll get into Lady Johanna’s arc.

BCS

So that looks like a pretty firm no for Jimmy and Kim having a happy ending together.

1 Like

BCS

Damn it Carol Burnett. My parents loved your comedy sketch show. Why you gotta do Saul like that?

1 Like

Yeah, I agree this isn’t the greatest show ever. But it really capitalizes on how starved we all are for innovative TV. There are lots of good shows now but many of them are very similar to each other. Fielder is like nothing else on TV, you’ve got to give him that.

This dude is drawing live to being shot in a police standoff and they’re still not gonna shelve this movie. Every new detail that comes out is insane.

Miller has been housing a 25-year-old mother and her three children, who are between the ages of one and five, at the actor’s home ranch in Stamford, Vt. The property doubles as an unlicensed cannabis farm and has several firearms on the premises, according to the report. One source who spoke to Rolling Stone alleged that the one-year-old child was found with a loose bullet in their mouth

2 Likes

RE: BCS

lol old Jesse

3 Likes

Better than the first scene though.

Also:

Huge shock, but Kim shows back up and we have another certified amazing episode. Its almost as though she is the absolute glue that makes the whole show work. The scene on the car rental shuttle was amazing.

2 Likes

Getting some bad egg on their faces cancelling the inclusive movie (Batgirl) vs keeping the psychopaths flick.

BCS

That was very depressing, but very well done.

2 Likes