The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I think that was the last one.

did you ever say who your first choice was? I could get behind Tilda (or Cate Blanchett or even Emily Blunt or hm Rosamund Pike maybe?), but if they go classic then my vote is Tom Hardy based half on just his handful of amazing line readings in Inception. My dream bond movie is probably directed by Nolanā€”or possibly the Coen brothers, & probably not Fincher or Wes Anderson though Iā€™d be there for those tooā€”and starring DDL, especially from twenty years ago but whatever

Florence Pugh as Jane Bond in a series reboot that explores Bondā€™s early career from recruitment through training and her first jobs that shape her into the agent we know.

I donā€™t know why but I like my slocky high flying ultra wealthy professionals shows. Suits somehow kept me entertained and so does Industry, even though I know objectively theyā€™re bad. I guess thatā€™s why I hate Billions so much. The writers didnā€™t even care about their slock

They should do a 18th century Bond; ā€œThe Man with the Golden Wigā€ or something.

amadeus

2 Likes

alan partridge, upon accepting the fact that heā€™s now too old to be Bond, suggested breaking the role into two separate characters: James, a street-fighting hard-scrabble english tough, and Bond, a posh gentleman who canā€™t realistically throw a punch but who can convincingly blend in at a private country club or gala event. bring them both together and you have the perfect spy duo: James and Bond

1 Like

Right above:

1 Like

I donā€™t know if I have ever been as emotionally invested in a show as I am Primal. A man and his dinosaurā€¦

1 Like

I just hope the next Bond is not a white guy, strictly because I love lawnmower air traffic.

5 Likes

Most recent Industry was pretty bad but Iā€™ll be back next week!

Finished second season of Ted Lasso. Not sure what I think of the series as a whole yet.

What else should I watch on Apple TV (have also seen Severance)?

Slow Horses

3 Likes

Looks good. A Gary Oldman spy thriller will be a tough sell for my wife, who still makes fun of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Itā€™s not as good as that. So temper her expectations

1 Like

Now that bcs is over I need a new show. Thinking severance. Yay or nay?

2 Likes

Yay. Be patient, it builds.

Second

She hulk wasā€¦ as good as it was going to be I guess. Gonna be a pretty boring show if she can hulk/dehulk on command though.

this is Ghost zero-turn Rider, requesting a flyby.