The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Yā€™all can keep saying that, and their actions can bear that out, but it never once felt plausible.

3 Likes

Sure felt that way to me. Thought they were gonna bang in the prison for a moment.

I couldnā€™t possibly disagree more. Itā€™s one of the best love stories ever on tv.

1 Like

#TeamRelationshipNotBelievable

Jimmy is an irredeemable, selfish piece of shit. Nobody will ever be more important to Jimmy than Jimmy.

Kimā€™s motivations areā€¦ largely left to the imagination.

1 Like

Agree with this. A deeply intimate relationship based on mutual respect, admiration and trust that got stronger with each season was amazing to watch. Guess the lack of overt sexual tension between them is what people are reacting to? IDK

2 Likes

This wasnā€™t the case prior to Kim leaving. The vendetta against Howard was hers as well as the nudge toward the dark side with, ā€œdo you want to be a friend of the cartel, or a rat?ā€ Her leaving was the final straw

1 Like

Highly disagree. They have one of the most realistic long term relationships Ive ever seen on film. They love each other, but they are older. We see a bit of the honeymoon phase after the first scam with Giselle, but other than that, they are comfortable and happy spending time together while also living their own lives.

The divorce and subsequent couple years apart makes sense as well. There is tremendous pain thats hidden as avoidance from Jimmy, followed by settling down into a really hollow, yet comfortable life for Kim. She has a boyfriend and a job, but no purpose and she misses both the purpose of her pro bono work and the comfort of the life she had with Saul prior to him becoming a friend of the cartel.

They dont need to be falling all over each other or have a devastating screaming match during their breakup for their relationship to be true. The comfort of being together and the quiet, almost serene moments of their breakup are how life and love really work and I think Gilligan captured it perfectly.

3 Likes

You forget that Jimmy had doubts on both the fucking with Howard plot and the working for the cartel plot. Hell, when he convinces Lalo to let Kim go kill Gus, that was an ultimate selfless act. He felt it was her best chance of escape even if it meant he died at Laloā€™s hands.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t watch BCS, I just wanted to post something with spoilers and feel like Iā€™m cool.

9 Likes

I like this guysā€™ analysis videos. Most of this is obvious, but going back through the 6 seasons of Jimmyā€™s regrets is interesting.

Totally disagree, which is why his character is so interesting. Itā€™s a long analysis, which of course dives deep into his admiration of Chuck and longing for his acceptance, but the summary is that Jimmy has two very distinct sides of his personality - the devil and angel on his shoulders, effectively - that constantly wage war inside of him. He generally WANTS the angel to win, but when it does, Jimmy gets fucked in some way. No matter how much he tries to do the right thing, Jimmy just canā€™t win. The devil is both more fun and more financially rewarding, so it wins more and more. Early in his life, itā€™s Slippinā€™ Jimmy, then it grows into Saul Goodman.

Most of it comes back to Chuck, but eventually even that motivation is probably gone and Jimmyā€™s Saul Goodman side is completely out of control.

In the final episode, Jimmy finally kills his inner devil, even though it means he ultimately loses in life.

1 Like

Totally agree. Walt was an irredeemable piece of shit. Jimmy isnā€™t.

people-can-change-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson

2 Likes

Iā€™m still holding out hope for Idris Elba

https://twitter.com/JFrankensteiner/status/1542663303515742208?t=-Awh_VeUBqRvsSYxoenn4A&s=19

3 Likes

:vince:

1 Like

I think Tilda Swinton is my #2 pick for the next Bond.

Oh dammit hope they donā€™t do something stupid like switch over to Jane Bond.

Also, Iā€™d totally be a fan of James Bond becoming an action comedy if Austin Powers didnā€™t already exist.

It practically was a comedy when Roger Moore was Bond.

2 Likes

Question about BCS. Dont think this is spoilery but Ill blur it anyway.

The Zafiro Anejo stopper is a huge symbolic piece of the BCS puzzle, but if Iā€™m not mistaken, the last time we see it is the second half cold open being dropped out of the repo truck. Is that the end of the story for the object? The final downfall of Saul and his grifting in Albuquerque is the stopper rolling into the gutter?

I always found the stopper and the bottle itself to be much more symbolic of Kim so Im surprised we didnt get some callback in the last 5 eps. Did I miss anything, or was that the last Zafiro Anejo reference?