The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Same people whose fathers thought this guy was a hero

Thatā€™s all you needed.

well, season 2 of the Boys was basically an entire season of commentary on right wing authoritarian propaganda and radicalization. I guess they missed that message, lol

The politics is one of the best things about
The Boys and it has literally been there since episode one.

3 Likes

I mean, itā€™s an explicit satire of right wing beliefs. The fascist superheroes are constantly going on a Tucker like show railing against antifa etc.

After this thread had so many posts about last season surprised kenobi has stolen its thunder.

I guess the literal Nazi named Stormfront was too subtle.

3 Likes

I still canā€™t believe I didnā€™t see the Nazi reveal coming. Her name is literally Stormfront and I still didnā€™t catch on!

2 Likes

A couple streaming services questions:

1. Anyone use YouTube TV? Howā€™s your experience?

2. HBOMax has a cheaper ad-based subscription and an ad-free subscription. Anyone use the ad-based? If so, how invasive is it?

Thanks

I had this for a while; the service is great but I couldnā€™t justify the expense. Great for sports. One year I got a subscription for a few months just for football.

1 Like

do you get every single NFL game and redzone?

Nah, itā€™s not a substitute for NFL Redzone, Iā€™m just a casual fan who wants to see whatever sports are on basic cable. Ultimately, itā€™s too expensive and now I just use an antenna to pick up local sportsball games.

I use YouTube TV and donā€™t have any complaints. Not sure if thereā€™s much of a difference between it and some of the other TV streaming services, I used Playstation Vue before it went under then moved to YouTube.

1 Like

LofuckingL, are people actually siding with Blue Hawk en masse?

Jesus christ we are turbo fucked.

1 Like

Never used HBOMAX ad based. Really enjoy the ad free version.

Youtube tv is actually pretty great and likely to run you cheaper than normal cable packages. I think they have a 7 day trial.

YouTube TV was great. I couldnā€™t justify the price but if youā€™re wanting a cable package itā€™s probably the best

Also re: The Boys

Did Kimiko and Frenchie just do the fucking Shipoopi dance?

1 Like

Yeah, YouTubeTV is basically a great option to replace basic cable.

Iā€™m liking the new Iron Chef on Netflix

1 Like

the cheese factor is way up and not in a good way. also having trouble referring to any of the chefs as iron-worthy.

If Chairman Kaga ainā€™t there, then I ainā€™t watching it.

2 Likes