The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I thought Steve looked even older than her.

As you know Iā€™m sure, this is due to work rules, and is not always different with the primary actors. Even in the entertainment industry, minors are still minors and different work rules apply to them. Itā€™s not uncommon for young actors to become ā€œemancipatedā€ and be legally declared adults so they can work regular hours etc. Minors can only work shorter hours, there are rules about how late they can work, they require on-set teachers, etc. A production will always want to use someone who is 18+ or emancipated if possible.

Yup. In some of the things my son has worked on, theyā€™ve watched the clock VERY carefully to be sure he wasnā€™t there a minute longer than ten hours.

I am finally watching ā€œWinning Timeā€. About the only thing Iā€™d heard about it was Jerry Westā€™s lawsuit over how heā€™s portrayed. Itā€™s pretty hilarious how Jerry West being a miserable alcoholic philandering piece of crap is a central theme of the show lol.

3 Likes

Wet Hot American Summer (the movie and the tv show) spoofs this quite well

1 Like

Yeah she looks a little young. But her acting and attitude just fit the character perfectly, imho.

Whatever, I love it so far

1 Like

https://twitter.com/boburnham/status/1531426724457480192?t=rl9O0gCUcc8IcVY9gI6KvA&s=19

2 Likes

Only one year later and Bezos has been usurped as most evil billionaire.

If I was more motivated, Iā€™d do an ā€˜Always has beenā€™ astronaut meme with Musk as most evil billionaire. Youā€™ll just have to use your imagination.

Fuck. I hope nobody read that. I donā€™t know what happened with the spoiler

Never watched Letterkenny but quite enjoying Shoresy as Canadiana nonsense.

1 Like

I got sick of letterkenney towards the end, it was like noise I couldnā€™t even get through an episode. And I hated Shoresey, but the spinoff focuses on hockey which was my favorite part of the original show and shoresey develops into a more interesting character, I ended up enjoying it

4 bags of popcorn

Finished Bosch: Legacies

That is one of the more fucked-up cliffhangers I can think of, and I am mad.

Well, as expected, the racist/sexist bullying of yet another Star Wars actress of color has begun

I love Star Wars. Iā€™ve consumed every movie and television show, played most of the games, and even read some of the older books. The internet has made me ashamed of the fanbase. Ugh.

Is there any fanbase that you are a part of that you arenā€™t ashamed of? Iā€™d expect all fanbases of nearly everything have plenty of racists and sexists in their ranks.

Gen x and older millenial sci Fi fans seem abnormally bad. Thereā€™s a lot of incel types among the fanbase.

Worse that boomer fanbases or do they just post more?

I enjoyed it but something tells me itā€™s not going to make it past season 2 if there is one. It feels like they are trying to do the show on a shoestring budget with a small cast and that always feels like the first nail in the coffin for a series that previously was more of an ensemble cast.

Most older boomer sci Fi fans seem like the good boomers in my experience. Most older trek fans I know are pretty liberal and chill.