The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Did Stranger Things ep 3/4 tonight. This has been better than last two seasons by far. Final 20 minutes of episode 4 was so good

Oh yeah it’s not even close

That was one (and probably only) thing Episodes 1-3 nailed. They casted the perfect young Obi-Wan.

My couple seconds in Stranger Things Season 4 is in Episode 4, a little after the 51-minute mark, at the beginning of the flashback to the 1950’s. I’m the guy unloading the moving truck.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed Obi eps 1 and 2. It’s way better than Boba (low bar, I know) and better than early Mando.

Was like “holy shit” with that prologue scene to start the season, but disappointed it didn’t go on a bit longer.

Can someone tell me exactly how much time has passed between the end of S3 and the first episode of S4 on Stranger Things?

Depends on how you define „the end of season 3“. The Battle of Starcourt takes place on July 4, 1985. There are some post-scenes (e.g. the Byers moving) that probably take place closer to fall 1985.

The first episode of season 4 starts on the last day of school before spring break 1986 - so March/ early April?

Agree, but not the only thing. The writing and actress they got for Leia is spot on.

1 Like

Have they gone over the name change yet?

Also why, if he’s hiding out from an empire wide search for Jedi’s, he would constantly wear his robe that identifies him as a Jedi.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s in the trailer.

1 Like

A year.

I think that’s the upper bound, but I was more like where GermanGuy was at. I think n El’s letter she specifically mentions 180-something days.

It’s quite hilarious how much the kids have aged in “a year” or less.

It doesn’t change my enjoyment of the show, it’s just funny

They also do say a year once or twice.

Yeah, it is pretty funny how much they’ve aged. Then again, filming started over two years ago. My scene was in March 2020, the week things started shutting down because of the pandemic. My son filmed in May 2021.

love PA

The actor playing Eddie on Stranger Things is almost 30. He was cast as a character older than Eddie on a show I saw from 2015 (and like Brown, he his hiding a British accent).

I like him. I think he and Sadie Sink (Max) are the best actors of the “kids.” Dustin is the best in general, though.

Yeah, he’s likable on the show. On the one I saw earlier (Dickensian), his character was the opposite and quite unlikable. I had to check IMDB to see where else I knew him from.

Steve is by far my favorite character on the show. I really loved his development in season 1. You could see slight glimpses of humanity and redemption even when the douchiness was shining bright. Every scene he’s in, and especially his scenes with Dustin, are top notch.

3 Likes

Watched ep 1 last night. 80 minutes long. If you blinked and missed like 2 scenes featuring a new character you’d think this show is entirely about some teens growing up.

I don’t watch trailers because there are another source for spoilers.

2 Likes