The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I tried to watch Debris as it was an original concept sci-fi show but was just lame as hell. The networks are too afraid to try anything different and just cranks out the same forumulaic shit over and over.

The audience is people who watch network TV. They donā€™t have high standards or expectations, so why bother?

Had no intention of watching the new Kids in the Hall because I thought it would be terrible. But I had a small edible last night (a rarity for me) and decided to watch the first episode. It was much funnier then expected, reccomended. Afraid to watch the rest sober now lol.

2 Likes

I have two sets of watching lists. Stuff while sober (serious drams mostly) and stuff I go to while high. Iā€™m pretty sure I know which pile Kids in the Hall is going in.

1 Like

Well, thereā€™s a way to deal with that.

Just finished my first rewatch of Raised By Wolves. Even more amazing on 2nd viewing.

All of Ridley Scottā€™s ideas that werenā€™t able to be fully fleshed out in films are here growing up.

Especially love the mix of religion and science in the form of hidden codes that add to the lore. Following the reddit is priming me for a 3rd viewing with all the encipherment baked into the the script and various details of the show.

The sheer amount of sci-fi pulp fiction loaded into this series is stunning. To pull from so many influences, so obviously, and still make something that feels this original is impressive.

2 Likes

Yeah Raised by Wolves is one of the best sci-fi things Iā€™ve seen in quite some time.

2 Likes

I also started watching the new kids in the hall last night with low expectations and I ended up loving it.

5 bags of popcorn

1 Like

+1 to this. Nice to see Jackie Chiles did well for himself after the latte situation.

Also Boschā€™s daughter runs super-weird.

Guess assuming there would be a season 3 was a mistake. Thought otherwise until reading that David Simon had to beg for seasons 4 and 5 of the Wire.

Still think itā€™s likely. Would be considerably more disappointing than Dirk Gently.

4 Likes

Woot! Like 3 weeks!

My sons gf looks quite a bit like her. I like she isnā€™t the typical tv babe meme.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/DaveSFoley/status/1526236052788105217?t=wS2DX2xiHsQ4gXgGvg74nQ&s=19

Crate and Barrel sighting (Bosch).

:)

We Own the Night

Best line

ā€œWaitā€¦ you just robbed a midget stripper?ā€

Iā€™m still saying give Jon Bernthal a movie whereā€™s heā€™s a police sergeant corrupting his unit but more dark violent and fucked up than this. The Hangover meets Training day

Upgrading my Bosch experience from ā€œlikeā€ to ā€œreally likeā€. The cases kind of have a Scooby Doo feel to them but Iā€™m still digging it. And I have to assume that the daughterā€™s inability to run like a human being is a running gag in the production because they keep having her do it.

1 Like

Major downgrade in Bosch quality with regards to opening credits music. Otherwise legacy seems good so far.

I only watched the first Bosch Jr. ep and got bored. Are they still fucking swearing all the fucking time for no fucking reason?

I havenā€™t noticed that at all.