The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

True but I didn’t actually like the show that much. I don’t like the murder dramas where they keep head faking about who the killer is, it feels cheap to me.

Anybody watching Eurovision Song Contest?

Here’s the Czech Republic’s entry

If hockey fans think Dominika Haskova sounds familiar, it’s because she’s the daughter of former NHL goalie and national buffoon Dominik Hasek.

EDIT: Bam! Czech Republic onto the finals!

1 Like

We will be watching on Saturday. With Peacock in the states having the rights to stream here in the states it makes it very easy to watch and we really enjoyed last year and were stoked for Italy winning.

Hopefully she isnt as overrated as her father!

Oh wait, the Czechs hate him? Nice, I couldnt stand that guy

For those who watched Arcane, I just saw that they submitted episode 6 to the academy (the same episode they submitted when they won 9 Annies) but im a bit torn on it.

Theres undoubtedly some great moments in the episode (Silco’s freakout, Jinx lighting the torch, the reunion of the sisters and the awesome fight that follows) but man, episode 3 I think is by far the standout of the series and I can see the acadmey feeling the same. Anybody else think episode 6 isnt the best move?

The Shining Girls is picking up steam. I have hope.

Buffoon is more my personal opinion.

I was never more thankful to be Canadian than the day I was diagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer. There’s a reason I have a Canadian flag tattooed on my arm, and it isn’t to show my support for those freedom truckers. (thanks for coopting my flag though, douchebags)

6 Likes

Just started S2 of The Wilds. Having a very hard time caring after Yellow Jackets.

Ukraine winning Eurovision Song Contest is so predictable and annoying that I’m now pro-Putin for the next 24 hours.

2 Likes

First episode and a half was befuddling to me as all I could think about was yellowjackets.

I made it half an episode. Gave up for now. Started Bosch Legacy instead. Liked the first episode. Miss the police colleagues.

hell yes

1 Like

This is the kind of stuff I was referring to when someone said wandavision had the worst writing they’d ever seen. There is a 911 show with ads like this all the time as well. The premise there seems to be something like “you know how in infomercials people are so inept they can’t do basic tasks? Well, what if we give them life threatening injuries then make them call 911?”

2 Likes

Old people need TV too.

Not strictly relevant, but this is why malls are dead:

3 Likes

it was at least catchy. i can’t even name a song from eurovision in the last decade.

I give them extra points for “Crawl Out Through The Fallout”. That’s solid.

When I watch sports on network TV I’m almost blown away by how bad all the network shows look, and how painfully unoriginal everything is. Like there’s ads for a 3 hour block of TV that’s Chicago FIRE and ER and PD (will they have a crossover this week?) One network just kind of gives up and is like “watch the FBIs” because every show is just FBI whatever.

My wife watches Chicago Fire. It’s fine, but when something happens that’s not a fire I ask her which one of the list it is: someone impaled on something, someone trapped in something, someone hanging from something, a combination of those, or comic relief.