The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Come on man, the writers deserve your trust more than this. Its clearly going somewhwre and where its going is going to be spectacular.

It’s so juvenile. It doesn’t fit Kim’s character.

Her character is changing thats the whole point. It also gave us the best sight gag ever this week with Jimmy as Howard.

1 Like

Her character has been changing since the beginning. Remember her reaction to the Alabama Cream Splat?

You mean the Squat Cobbler?

1 Like

The original Iron Chef was broadcasting the first time I lived in Japan, and was the first Japanese show I ever got into, and the only one I could reasonably follow with my limited language skills at the time.

Hard for me to watch the American imitation. Same with Ninja Warrior. Although Shark Tank was also originally a Japanese show (called Money Tigers), and Shark Tank is far better than the original (which was so low budget it was filmed in a dingy classroom).

1 Like

Did you ever get to see Takeishi’s Castle in Japan?

That one was a bit before my time.

What’s the difference between Sasuke and Ninja Warrior (the edited version of the Japanese show) aside from subtitling the commentator and some English voice over occasionally popping in?

i meant the American Ninja Warrior version. Subtitles of the originals are fine. Overdubs of the originals lose some of the essence of the original commentary IMO.

Money Tigers is an aggressively better name though

1 Like

Yeah, I got into the original with Subs when it aired over here (on G4 maybe? Or something similar)

The first dude to ever compete the course was fascinating.

Edit: Ah yeah, Akiyama the crab fisherman. Dude was so so so good

For anyone that has Netflix, can you help me confirm I’m not crazy.

Can you check out Breaking Bad S4 E10: Salud, at 6:36, is the footage of this Jeep driving sped up in a weird way?

Its an odd request, I know, but I keep rewinding it and can 't tell if my brain is going screwy or if the footage is really weird.

I don’t notice anything.

1 Like

Moon Knight was a television show that was released and was watched and happened

1 Like

No, IMO.

1 Like

The street in front of my office was shutdown today for filming of The Last of Us. Was cool to watch it film while at work. Supposedly highest budget thing ever filmed in Canada.

Love Quantum Leap. Wish this were going to a more premium network/streaming service though

Yeah. This is exactly the correct description

Random thing that popped up in my YouTube feed: