The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Anyone checked out the Gizmoplex yet? Is it worth it?

I think thats Jimmy’s drive (Though his actions of S5 don’t really lead to that) but not Kim, Kim has something else going on, I’m just not sure if we know what it is yet.

https://twitter.com/ScottFeinberg/status/1517160431529340928?t=EWZMNNSWj_9_Q8XYgNNvyg&s=19

This is a really good video covering the beats of the first five seasons and focuses quite a bit of the background on Kims beef.

One thing we have to remember is that though the ahow has been going on for almost 7 years now, the principal action is only taking place over the span of about 2 years

Watched the first two eps of Ted Lasso on the plane on the way to the US and found it only mildly amusing and quite predictable. Does it pick up steam?

Also watched the first ep of Severance, which I found much more interesting, though not yet totally drawn in, as would be expected after just one episode. Certainly has potential though.

TL season 1 gets better and better and the low point is the pilot and its not much of a low point. And will surprise you.

Severance takes 6 episodes to soar but its high points are worth it and there’s a ton of potential for S2+.

2 Likes

Me too. I haven’t watched the series and doubt I will.

It doesn’t seem like it will translate to TV well.

Disappointment is a near certainty.

The comics are weird, too.

You’re supposed to be confused and doubt what’s real

1 Like

No. Jimmy definitely has severe animosity towards Howard. Remember how he was going after Howard with the bowling balls and the hookers showing up at the restaurant. The theory out there is that Jimmy is blaming Howard for Chuck’s suicide so that he doesn’t have to face his own responsibility for that.

Kim hates Howard because he basically called her dumb for being in Jimmy’s corner. He didn’t mean it that way. I think he was genuinely trying to warn/help her. But she took it as an insult and she wasn’t going to let that go unpunished.

I also forgot why they hated Howard, so I’ve been doing some research for the past couple of days.

Maybe Ted doesn’t hit your funny bone?

Severence is def worth the effort.

I was mildly amused, but at least in the first couple episodes, the humor felt quite predictable. Certainly willing to give it a few more tries though.

I definitely want to see more of Severance.

I didn’t really “get” Ted Lasso either FWIW. Like it’s enjoyable but I would have never guessed everyone else would be raving over it. Humor felt predictable to me too.

1 Like

After our one-second appearances in S4, dlk9s jr and I are like:

father-and-son-rich

4 Likes

Don’t remember, I read that book a long time ago.

I’m curious–are you ever on set and thinking, “This film is gonna suck.”

Unstuckers are probably not the target audience for this show but HBO’s Julia Child show is charming and wonderful. It seems like a real missed opportunity to start the show after her cookbook has been published; the backstory of Julia Child learning French cooking and developing/pitching her cookbook would have been a compelling story arc.

1 Like

Do they touch on her time in the CIA?

Don’t think audiences would believe that she invented shark repellant while working as a secret agent in Sri Lanka.

3 Likes

I thought the first episode of Tokyo Vice was well done. My wife loves studying foreign languages and taking tests, so it was a real treat for her.

1 Like

Is this a synopsis of the show, because if so…