The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Damn, RIP Lower Decks. As a lifelong Trek nerd, that show slapped.

Kind of jealous I don’t have Disney+ these days, the X-Men show sounds great.

1 Like

He looks liks Richard Lewis there

6 Likes

Been seeing ads for this on Reddit.

1 Like

I don’t think bad guys go around sticking people’s hands in blenders in their own homes

Just doesn’t seem like a very practical way to do crimes

Summary

spoiler]and yet this monster is somehow on team secret polyglot spies? I mean wtf with that plot line.

So we be added something something his sister….Super secret polyglot spies…Betrayal(?) by his closest ally…Monster put your hand in a blender guy ….Amy Ryan doing something with her ex and whatever the miscreant boy has been up to…Killing the wife beater…Super secret NSA guy…That’s on top of the arm and the “spells” and all the other earlier shit[/spoiler]

[

You might want to fix your spoiler tags. Also, Skyler shows up out of nowhere!

Wtf is skylar

The one that’s not bald

Haha, by chance I saw that one a few weeks ago, holds up so well, just one of the best TV shoes ever.

Fallout NV is so much better than F3, I think you have to do 3, then NV or else just play NV.

I’m 2 episodes into fallout and I’m liking it so far.

2 Likes

I’m 4 in, and I think I’m not enjoying it?

Its hard to say. I love the setting, and it looks beautiful. Its well acted. The humor misses for me all over the place. It seems incredibly juvenile. The basic beats of the story are overall quite predictable as well. I dunno, I had fun with the opening and most of the first episode, but the lead in the Brotherhood storyline so far is dull as fucking dirt. I don’t know who cast him, but I hate the decisions he or the director made for the character so far.

I’m enjoying Fallout but Maximus really sucks.

And then they follow that up with their best episode in several seasons. Why can’t it be more like that all the time?

4 Likes

Ok good, Iwas afraid I was going to be the only one and I would have to question my sanity.

I think one of the big problems Im having is that the humor is incredibly juvenile. The scene where (ep 4 spoilers) the pregnant lady’s water breaks is like, mid 2000s American Pie spin off humor. there are other examples but that one looms largest for me right now.

1 Like

Gotta lighten up life in the vault with a little slapstick now and then

1 Like

I guess. I’m not anti-fun in my shows, its just not hitting right with me.

1 Like

Omg Fred Armisen in this and perfectly cast

Have no clue what Fallout is. Will I be able to enjoy/follow?

1 Like