The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

The pilot for The Walking Dead was outstanding. Outside of the S1 finale, most of the first couple seasons were okay. Then the writing just got terrible. Every character (especially the women) just did the dumbest shit imaginable.

5 Likes

The writing is bad but in a way that they go for entertainment and suspense over any sort of continuity or world building. I enjoy it in the way I enjoyed coyote vs road runner.

Iā€™m finally tapping out of Letterkenny. Season 9 was meh, and Season 10 has just been horrible. I needed to shut off the most recent episode, a parody for International Womenā€™s Day, due to the overly excessive cringe factor, which the writers think is a substitute for a decent plot and funny jokes.

Iā€™m watching the first episode of the new Law & Order season. It seems pretty terrible so far and a big step down from the original. Anyone else seen it?

Iā€™ve got a lot of them on the DVR and havenā€™t gotten around to them yet.

I love me some Jack McCoy (heā€™s in it, right?), so Iā€™m probably gonna watch them no matter how much they suck.

In rewatching Gotham from the beginning and realizing I missed a ton of episodes on first view. Its schlocky and kinda dumb but its the best showcase for Batman side characters probably ever.

4/5 - recommended if you can handle a bit of cheese.

2 Likes

One of the best shows of all time at just leaning directly into the absurdity. Penguin and Riddler are genuinely great portrayals IMO. The Barbara character arc is amazing.

2 Likes

Heā€™s in it, but it seems like he might be getting to old for this shit.

The first 3-4 seasons of Law and Order were incredible TV. The Chris Noth / Paul Sorvino / Michael Moriarty combo was so, so good.

1 Like

Yeah. I loved Ben Stone even more than McCoy.

The first episode is terrible. The rest have been better but all below the OG.

L&O and 24 gave us the police state we have today

Iā€™m just starting in on season 1

Jerry Orbach is in a L&O season 1 episode

As a defense attorney

Awww yeah surprise Close Enough S3 drop announcement.

Great bit of adult animation. If you have an HBO Max account, strong recommend.

I cant believe how boring the show about the Lakers is on HBO.

Iā€™m fairly entertained, but wondering how itā€™s moving so goddamned slowly. Like a full episode on going after Tark? A full episode on that nerd coach in training camp?

We arenā€™t even in the regular season of Magic season 1 yet after 4 eps.

Dunno if theyā€™re trying to stretch it out to multiple seasons of the show, but it seems like something that could have been awesome as a 8-12 episode thing that theyā€™re trying to make 50-60 episodes.

1 Like

Iā€™d never heard of this show before your post on here a few months back. Iā€™ve been (slowly) going through it and I love it.

Favourite eps so far are every episode with Dr San but especially the s7 finale RIP Tom Cruise Heidecker :sleepy:

Btw it seems that actual shows are starting to make use of real movie expertise, see :25 in the below :grin:
https://twitter.com/Shudder/status/1507131028959342595

1 Like

I canā€™t believe they canā€™t call it Showtime because of Showtime.

2 Likes

too bad