The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I had given up early into the last episode, but I guess might as well go back and finish it out if I’ve gotten this far.

LOL I just watched the 2nd annual Oscar Special. It might’ve been the one where he debuted this song? It’s certified banger. WHO’S GONNA WIN? WHO’S GONNA LOOOOOSE WHOOAAA

1 Like

I binged season 2 of Bridgerton on the weekend and dont feel ashamed.

1 Like

Wtaf.

Google news picking up a headline with major TV show spoilers then putting it in my phones notifications.

Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you.

2 Likes

I am completely caught up.

I had a slight lull in interest right around that same time but by the end of season 2 there was plenty of teeth gnashing and fist pumping.

This is must watch tv for me just to see what Ridley and company will do with this budget and collection of ideas. I’m still in awe of Mother.

There are some cheap plot manipulations that are forgivable

This has 1st 4 seasons of GOT level of potential. They have created a world with unlimited possibility yet it feels there are parameters that they adhere to.

Shit you must hate Ryan’s Toy Review

Also, Will Smith apparently slapped Chris Rock for a GI Jane joke. Had to overcompensate after he laughed at the joke done at his wife’s expense.

Yeah. I think its pretty abhorrent. That kid is going to be fucked up when he gets older

Wow high praise, yeah I thought raised by wolves definitely got better in S2 and am looking forward to the rest but uh next GOT I don’t think so. The changes in S2 i.e. downplaying the roles of the kids (them growing up helped of course), more father goofiness, some actual movement towards what the fuck is going on are all really good. I was on the fence about even watching S2 but now I’m in.

Let me clarify. I don’t expect anything to match the intensity of those first 4 seasons of GOT. RBW is in the ballpark though and has massive boom/bust potential for the story’s end.

Can’t wait to do an aesthetics focused rewatch.

Binging a rewatch of The Wire and I’m liking it even more somehow.

The end scenes fading into those dub effects of the outro track is still just absolute perfection.

1 Like

I swear it gets better every rewatch. The unequivocal GOAT

2 Likes

I’m sold, this show sounds great. Raised By Wolves is next on my to-watch list after I finish this telenovela.

Had never heard of Sarma or her restaurant and OMG WTF WTF WTF

Find it hard to thread the needle between how she was obviously abused and how she definitely deserves some blame.

I also find it funny how her and the ex gf fell for the “dude is a Navy Seal” lies when he was so out of shape.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/news/the-boys-star-confirms-they-wont-return-for-season-3/

Boooooooooooooooooooo

I know nobody here watches it anymore, but it’s the end of an era, as today is the final day of filming on The Walking Dead.

Serious questions since I never saw the show: Why are all of the dead people walking? Where are they going?

1 Like

Getting their steps in.

6 Likes

I’ve tried to watch twice. Made it 3 episodes the first time. Not even a full ep the second time. Just seemed like the same scene over and over.

Zombie movies. 2 hours in and out good. zombie series not so much.

I watch the walking dead when new seasons come to Netflix. I still enjoy it.