The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Finished Discovery. Meh

Wish Picard was all out to binge.

I watched the first 3 seasons and loved it. But at the time I knew nothing of F1 so it was all new to me with no knowledge of who won the season.
I still only watched one race this year but I paid attention to the standings. I’ve been hesitant to watch this year thinking the drama will be lost now that I know how the season played out.
Were you aware of the results this year? If you were aware, did it impact your enjoyment of the Netlix series?

It probably does because the driver’s championship fight was a pretty big focus of S4, but it’s still a high quality documentary and I learned stuff I didn’t know before, despite following F1.

The S3 episode “Man on Fire” is worth a watch for everyone.

1 Like

Anyone watch Suspicion? In the end, pretty mediocre.

Predicted the kid was behind his own kidnapping early in episode 1. No idea how they sustain this. Stans role wasted stuck in the same room the whole show (he is always Stan to me). Next season we learn Sean intentionally didn’t kill Eddie and even perhaps Eddie was in on that plan w Sean. Sean isn’t going to miss at that range

Atlanta is back and IT. IS. WILD.

2 Likes

Anyone watch super pumped on showtime? 1 episode in it’s good for what it is. A look at the ahole founder of Uber in the early days of the company.

Watched first four episodes. Entertaining. Produced by billions guys and created by Richard schiff’s brother and written by another Schiff (don’t know if related).

It makes Travis too nice and allows him too much glow, but as behind the scenes Silicon Valley shows go, it’s not bad. I will certainly continue watching it.

Raised By Wolves is amazing.

One of the greatest intros of all time. A bit unnerving.

The story is constantly asking the big questions, specifically with regards to a.i. The atheism vs theism framing fits so well.

Anybody watch the we work show?

Severance just keeps getting better, this week’s episode really kicked it to the next level (ep7)

3 Likes

Same thing happened to General Electric. By same/similar CEO types.

1 Like

This took a steep nosedive after episode one.

1 Like

Well Severance is finally getting fucking somewhere jesus christ. Great episode though.

1 Like

Watched the first episode of Atlanta and thought, “Nice try Donald Glover. This is a lesser version of Jordan Peel’s stuff”. Which is really embarrassing for me because the episode was inspired by a true story which the episode nearly perfectly mimics

Yes, good stuff.

Now that it’s been shown/suggested that severing is happening outside of the workplace, I am expecting some pretty damn wild twists coming our way.

Holy shit, I knew that shot of the boy hugging the police officer looked familiar.

The explosion of people using their children/families as props in online videos/social media in the last decade is really sick. Mommy vloggers/family bloggers and the shit they put their kids through for the dopamine hit of likes/money for views culture we live in makes me really sad.

https://twitter.com/OCATCOfficial/status/1508120376169050112?s=20&t=iq9GoCa6gFhdO8AfgP4hbA

i’ve got oscar fever

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Jolomoco/status/1508118942145040392?s=20&t=iq9GoCa6gFhdO8AfgP4hbA

1 Like