The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Yeah I am watching the challenge. And having the same issues. Pretty much every streamers ui sucks but Netflix and Netflix is the only one I don’t regularly watch lol.

I got annoyed fairly on with Suits The underlying ethics are pretty frat boyish, and I’m pretty sure it took 4 seasons for an episode to pass the bechdel test

Most streaming services have awful UI. I’ve mentioned it before, but I don’t understand why they can’t highlight the currently selected show/episode/movie better. All text and boxes and what-not will be white and then they just highlight your selection with a thin white box. I can’t tell what the fuck I’m about to click.

Make it bright yellow or red or animate the box or something.

2 Likes

35 minutes? NFW. Should be 7 minutes tops. Tighten your material dude.

1 Like

But I like him vibing for 35. He did a great video on Jury Duty.

1 Like

Watched EP1 of Three Body Problem. Couldn’t get through the novel but thought the episode great. Hopefully it will continue that way to the end.

Also began watching EP1 of The Gentlemen, and not sure I’m feeling this one. Worth continuing?

2 Likes

Watched the “cold war” documentary on netflix. Very interesting stuff. Ofc I loved the episode about the fall of the Berlin wall which I still think is the most important point in my life even when I dont remember it as I was a kid at the time. Always get tears in my eyes watching this event unfolding. The last episode brought a lot of different emotions. It’s just infuriating in what time line we are at the moment. I see these dead people, thinking about how their lifes just ended from one moment to the next it makes my guts churn.

2 Likes

I hate the twist in this weeks survivor so much. Just awful.

The half the folks are safe or ???

Been watching Pan Am recently. Eminently bingeable. Stringing different short plots together.
5/5 for being excellent frothy watching!

Christina Ricci steals all her scenes in a slightly over the top way. Way underrated series.

Edit: On Roku for me.

Holy christ.

I’ve never seen a more skin crawling person in my life than the male subject of this documentary. He is one of the most viscerally repulsive humans I have ever listened to.

1 Like

Have watched one of the two episodes of Sugar on Apple TV that have been released and I am into it. But I don’t think it’s possible to make a neo-noir Los Angeles detective show that I wouldn’t be into, so maybe take that with a grain of salt. What I found interesting is how self-conscious the show seems to be, in a way that I find appealing. Looking forward to more of it.

2 Likes

On a scale of 1 to 10, where Bosch is a 9, what is this?

After one episode I cannot say. There are visceral similarities to Bosch but it’s a very different show.

Fair enough. Please report back when you’ve seen enough episodes to pass judgement.

After episode 2 I feel confident saying that somebody who liked Bosch will at least feel like giving Sugar a shot.

I liked the curb finale. I wasn’t sure if he was trolling or not but ultimately I chuckled at the executiion. I’m more generous than most but haters gonna hate. LD delivered a great series.

3 Likes

Did he end up following through on his Seinfeld threat?