The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Louis Litt baby… I was a devoted first run suits watcher.

1 Like

3BP next nitpick: So the aliens say they can’t lie, and we are supposed to take that at face value? Couldn’t that be the biggest lie? And isn’t their Sophon-hocuspocus basically lying?

Even if they somehow evolved without developing the concept of lying - once they learn about it they should be able to lie, because why not?

it ends up costing them in books #2 and #3. which are waaay better than the first, which makes me kinda annoyed it’s up to netflix of all companies to follow through with 2 more seasons…

I assume anyway both sides are hiding plans within plans, like the Bene Gesserit.

that’s what the wall facers are trying to do anyway. but of the best 4 or 5 scenes/chapters, they’re all still to come. maybe when they show the photon expanding and then folding back down, but the outer space stuff in dark forest and death’s end is completely amazing/mind blowing and if they’re gonna budget two more seasons like this first one, it’ll translate great to tv.

i don’t want to give away anything, but they kinda foreshadowed a bit with talking about the sun amplifying radio messages and the 2nd book being called the dark forest. the chinese author is real slick, the trilogy are my favorite sci-fi books. the foundation series and the rama series are 2nd/3rd.

1 Like

Began Boardwalk Empire last night. Thought first episode was just meh. Worth sticking it out for the long haul?

1 Like

I thought it was ok and might have forgotten about it and not watched the last season. Probably can find something better.

1 Like

I always give acclaimed series at least three episodes. Pilots are so often just a different show entirely that I give it a chance to find its voice.

1 Like

Trying out the Walking Dead spinoff about Rick and Michonne. Two episodes in and it’s pretty solid so far. Second episode better than the first. Really like the guy who plays Nat in E2.

Definitely

1 Like

I still haven’t finished season 5. But S1-4 are great.

1 Like

Similarly, they had been in contact with humans for like 60 years and hadntencounteredtheconceptoflying?

Last night I asked someone if they were watching The Three Body Problem, and she replied, “ what’s that, is it like Human Centipede?” And now I can’t stop thinking about it.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/StelliniTweets/status/1772414312956531007

1 Like

Well, I’m wondering: should we kill him?

4 Likes

Man, what a cast there

Tom Hanks was schvitzing.

No shock, Hartman absolutely steals that sketch

Came across this today trying to understand more about Japans history

(Shogun and WWII spoilers)

2 Likes

Warning: shōgun spoilers

3 Likes