The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Physical 100 back for second season!
@Rugby

1 Like

Man, I have negative interest in Larry David performing simulated cunnilingus on a woman young enough yo be his daughter.

Curb spoilers above

Can someone confirm for me whether there is a streaming service with both Shogun & Mad Men available?

3-Body Problem 30 mins in 1st nitpick:

So all the particle accelerators in the world all of a sudden give results inconsistent with current theory and scientists worldwide just give up, declare Physics and science in general broken, and go home?

lol this would spawn at least a dozen new theories; a couple of thousand people would get their PhD over this.

Yeah, I was wondering that, too.

I didnā€™t see it in the new Shogun, but remember that part in the old Shogun with Richard Chamberlain.

He had the pheasant hanging outside while he was away and told the villagers to not touch it, right? And after they couldnā€™t take the smell any more, one old guy removed it and then committed suicide, right?

I assume it was some form of dry aging.

Yeah.

Shogun is Hulu and Mad Men is AMC+ at least in the US.

1 Like

I think Netflix picked up Mad Men as part of their Breakkng Bad/Better Call Saul deal as well.

Looks like that fell off. Its available with ads for free on Freevee right now though

2 Likes

Yes this. You know you are in a fancy grocery when they have rotten meat hanging in the back

1 Like

Was on Netflix years ago but not anymore. And it hurts.

1 Like

Iā€™m sad to see it is no longer on FreeVee. Real sad. Thereā€™s just not enough on AMC+ to even bother with a free trial.

Survivor has had like 2000 contestants worldwide and without a doubt the single worst player ever is on this season. Dude makes Chet look good.

He has been mercifully eliminates. A real trio of dogs on one tribe. No wonder they went 0/4 on immunity challenges. Only a medical evacuation saved them last week.

Letā€™s see what happens when the other 11 players have to start the actual game.

1 Like

the book described it like a billiard table that suddenly stopped making any logical sense. the laws of physics do not apply to this billiard table all of a sudden. like you shoot a cue directly into another ball and it flies off at an impossible angle at 300mph. or the 8 ball suddenly turns into liquid without being acted on by any outside force. everything theorists come up with gets immediately disproven and itā€™s become maddening for the scientists

1 Like

Netflix recommended Suits to me, which has an 8.4 on IMDB. Thought ā€œwhat the hellā€ and started it and god damnit I love it and now I have 9 seasons to watch as if thereā€™s not enough shit already queued up on all my various streaming services.

Into season 6 I think and canā€™t quit it. You need to suspend disbelief a good bit and lean into the lolsey acting but you goddammn better believe Iā€™m finishing it.

1 Like

Suits is great in an absurdist kind of way. Whoever knew settling million dollar lawsuits was so easy?

Plus Duchess Meghan.

Suits was a good watch for a few seasons but I gave up on it somewhere in the middle, never finished it.

1 Like