The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

9 Likes

Hell yeah, 2 seasons and a shorter break between?

Count me the fuck in

2 Likes

Silo is not coming until 2025. Grrrr

3 Likes

Thanks for rec, that was a fun show.

oof thanks for reminding me, I need to start watching this show. I’ve got so many movies on my plate I don’t have room for enough TV these days.

4 Likes

I’m in a meme!

3 Likes

My TV-watching attention span has contracted so firmly into one-hour blocks that even the thought of watching a two-hour movie is horrifying.

3 Likes

That’s kind of me. The only movie. I have seen lately is Oppenheimer and it took at least two sessions to watch it all. I just can’t sit still and focus on tv/movies. I end up watching trash tv that I don’t have to focus on while I do other things.

2 Likes

The Crew’s latest episode starts off with the finale to The Curse.

Worthless Curb for the second straight week, but the closing credits were pretty great.

Re: The Bear. I’m very surprised that everyone has been talking about Forks and not Fishes. Fishes to me was a masterpiece which completely ties the show together.

2 Likes

Yeah, Forks doesnt work the same way without Fishes.

Fishes is probably less recognized because its so damn chaotic and stressful, and Forks is a triumph. In general, people are going to look more fondly on the latter than the former no matter how much of a masterpiece the former is (and it is, it should win all of the guest actor awards.)

3 Likes

These were my thoughts on Fishes at the time fwiw

2 Likes

Same, very entertaining and didn’t like the movie.

Fishes was the Christmas gathering episode right? I thought that most people were talking about that one

I posted about it at the time, but Fishes hit me right in the gut and I could only watch it in bits.

I loved it but i like watching mayhem, chaos and uncomfortable confrontations. Maybe because my personality is the complete opposite of all that.

1 Like

Episode 5 of Shogun was good

Wtf was Blackthorne trying to do with the pheasant?

enjoying him completely judgmental of their cultural norms but completely ignorant of the stupid things in his own culture. I could have used another episode or two of pillowing before the old bag of a husband showed back up.

1 Like