The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I have a much easier time remembering the names vs numbers.

Amazed you guys remember the seasons so vividly. Iā€™ve watched the last 20 or so and canā€™t even remember 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Only the standout ones.

I enjoyed 45. Canā€™t tell you all that much about it.

Well thereā€™s your problem.

Aside from 40 - Winners at War, I really donā€™t know much about anything post, maybe Game Changers? my Dark ages are 29-33, 35-39, and 41-present so essentially 15 full seasons that I know almost nothing about. Iā€™m fairly encyclopedic of the first 28, but after that I fell off mightily, which is strange, because 28 is in my top 5. I think there is likely two reasons for this, but they are pretty spoilery, so Ill put them behind glass.

Tony is clearly one of the best to play the game. He is Russel if Russel gave a single shit about how to actually win the game. So kinda seeing one of the best ever just come out of nowhere, likely made me think there wasnā€™t much other reason to watch. On the flipside, 28 seasons into the show, possibly the worst end game decision ever made happened, and it really took the wind out of my sails of watching the show. Making that kind of mistake just really bummed me out.

Dan wordlessly grabbing his jacket remains a goosebump-inducing moment.

4 Likes

Great scene.

I tried to find another Roseanne scene I think Iā€™m remembering okay when she thinks Dan forgot their anniversary or date night or something but he got her flowers.

I fully rewatched the show a handful of years ago, but thatā€™s not ringing a bell. I do remember one where they get in a dust-up over Dan having to take an evening shift at his second job on their anniversary, but it doesnā€™t sound like what youā€™re talking about.

1 Like

No, it had some funny reveal where she thought he forgot but had actually been on top of it the whole time.

I liked the episode where stan forgot his and francineā€™s anniversary yet again, and he didnā€™t want to admit that he forgot so he had francine committed to a mental institution on a mandatory 72 hour hold, so that he could use the time to plan the best anniversary ever. But when he got to the mall he got distracted buying presents for himself and forgot about her until they called him to pick her up.

Then he lies to the doctors to keep her locked up, and then fakes insanity to get locked up with her so they could romantically break out together. Theyā€™re caught, and given radical lobotomys like jack nicholson in one flew over the cuckooā€™s nest. I think the episode ended with the family and mickey mouse singing in chinese while farming rice

2 Likes

One of my favorites as well

Have to grunch this thread a bit, but anyone watching Cardinal?

Iā€™m watching it on Roku. 4 seasons in. Canadian detective/murder mystery stuff.
Great pacing; really great. No over the top wham-bam crap. Things seem potentially more realistic. Iā€™m digging it more and more each season.

Someone shoot my pony if necessaryā€¦

1 Like

Shogun continues to be good, but I think ep 2 is still the best so far

1 Like

I watched the first two episodes. Definitely scratches that early Game of Thrones itch.

:+1::+1: ep 4 ending

2 Likes

Binged ā€œThe Gentlemenā€ on netflix. Didnt expect to like it that much because I wasnt really into the movie but couldnt stop in the end.

New episodes of Invincible today.

8 Likes

I find it a bit harder to follow than Game of Thrones. I think itā€™s a bit less accessible to casual fans than GoT was. GoT was good about clearly and often dialoging out what was going on. This show has a few more blink and youā€™ll miss it moments. Ep 4 ending was fantastic though. I sort of knew it was coming but loved it anyways.

1 Like

Worth the wait.

Iā€™m only two episodes in. I donā€™t mind that itā€™s harder to follow. Itā€™s more like the complexity I was hoping GOT would have delivered in the final seasons. It feels almost like the right plan is if you tag team GoT up to season five, then pretend it got cancelled and switch to Shogun.

1 Like