The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Wife and I have been watching the “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” series. Enjoying it. I was skeptical, even though I was excited about the two leads, because it just seemed like a “what’s the point?” project. But it’s very different than the movie and in a good way.

The only two problems I have with it are a) they rarely give any sort of indication of how much time has elapsed between episodes, and b) it felt like the main characters were way too cavalier about their jobs early on.

But other than that, it’s quite interesting and I could watch Maya Erskine and Donald Glover all day.

Yup, was thinking the same thing.

Slight variation on this theory. Think there’s a chance Larry is going to the electric chair

I watched 3-4 eps. Have not gone back. Might.

I’m current hate watching constellation hoping there will be an actual plot advancement soon.

Let’s go

5 Likes

Oh wow. I didnt expect a binge drop

Hell yeah

An incredibly touching and well-shot scene from Letterkenney, with almost no dialogue and set to the haunting Harmonium song Un Musicien Parmis Tant D’autre.

Brief summary for non-Letterkenny fans: Wayne and his friends are in a Quebec bar celebrating a brawl they just had due to his friend’s pursuit of the woman he’s dancing with. Although Wayne is feeling lonely, the old man working the door had said he’d introduce him to his soon arriving niece.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/casterlyrox/status/1766074215474536797?t=NwY-BBBqO8nyUPND6tspkA&s=19

1 Like

Where is all the Couple to Throuple (peacock) talk? Did it get its own thread?

https://x.com/peatbogpirate/status/1765887837264879727?s=46

2 Likes

Extraordinary is one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. So funny and heartwarming. Each episode (and this each season) are perfect for bingeing.

Season 2 now FINALLY available on Hulu and it’s as good as season 1.

So we sampled Elsbeth tonight. Def a twist on Columbo. Fear the quirkiness may wear thin but the Mrs is all in so what the hell.

I’ve been back watching Survivor. I’m up to season 19, apparently the next one is the best one. Not sure if I’ll make it past that, we’ll see. Feel kind of degenerate watching this much of it. (No spoilers plox)

If you watch 19 you have to watch 20 too. Theyre kind of a package deal

Also if you havent seen 23, its my personal favorite season (21 and 22 are two of the all time worst)

1 Like

28 (Cagayan) is a must watch. Way up there in entertainment value.

1 Like

Yep, but 23 is a pre requisite for 28 for sure.

? Caramoan is 26 which is the logical follow up to 23.

23/26 would go great together.

28 features the spy shack

Yep, I get 26 and 28 mixed up due to the C’s

1 Like