The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

The fourth season of Amazon’s Emmy-winning drama “The Boys” will debut with three episodes June 13. Comprised of eight episodes total, “The Boys” Season 4 will air with new installments dropping weekly through its season finale on July 18.

5 Likes

Nice, and they are already in Prod on S5.

Now we just need an update on Severance. If we get that, The Boys, Arcane, and an update on BES S2 in 2024, I will be very happy.

3 Likes

Pretty sure its time to just leave this series alone.

1 Like

Ooof

Can you see any possibility they don’t “cure” Butcher by giving him permanent powers? I feel like that’s a guarantee by the season four finale, and then we’ll all be looking forward to the big rematch in season five.

Clearly he isn’t going anywhere. I have a feeling that while the V is killing him, it will also ultimately save him in some way, or the virus that is being developed at the end of Gen V might have some way to help those who have taken temp V.

1 Like

I hope this season Homelander does some bad stuff and we can all be, like, “OOOH THAT WAS SOME BAD STUFF!”.

6 Likes

Word on the street is he gets taken out by unabletosuspenddisbeliefitis

1 Like

Don’t threaten me with a good time

1 Like

Getting big bill maher vibes from steward’s Monday TDS return.

In what way?

Ive never heard Jon complain about being cancelled or millenials these days, which makes up about 95% of Maher content now

1st episode devoted to lots of biden old bothsiderism. I’m not a fan, but whatever, I’m sure that’s out of the way right?

2nd episode the entire first segment is spent on… complaining about being called out for biden old bothsiderism. :+1: :+1: :+1:

I’m going even more old school. I’ve got my VCR ready to tape the whole series.

I think he was pointing out in the first episode that we’ve ended up with two old men as the nominees for President, both of whom are not the men they were 20 years ago and perhaps that’s a problem we should be talking about. Like on UP, people who are pro-Biden don’t want to hear that and get uppity. Unlike here, they often did it in ridiculous ways too easy to get a laugh out of to ignore. After that he spent the rest of the 2nd show eviscerating the bad guys, which is what we want. We’ll see how much he wants to challenge his audience instead of just feeding them what they want next week.

I really don’t get it, this is like the 7th time Netflix has tried an anime adaptation and they’ve basically all flopped? Maybe the One Piece show was okay? I don’t get why Netflix execs keep greenlighting these projects.

Anyway, looking forward to the live-action Lupin III show if they haven’t made one already.

They’re lazy, plain and simple.

On paper it makes sense, a big built in audience for something that you can probably do on the relatively cheap side. But the execution. You just have to stop at some point.

On paper it makes sense maybe to do a live-action Avatar, but after watching a dozen of these things go bust, it makes less sense.

Actually, Yu Yu Hakuhso is okay.

Constellation on apple lmao. Watch this if you’re really, really in dire need of “protagonist sees what should be an extremely troubling projection of a dead person, blinks, turns their head, and that ‘vision’ has mysteriously vanished because reasons, and then the protagonist doesn’t talk about it at all to anyone because of reasons” type of show.

I lasted half an episode.

1 Like