The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Escaping Twin Flames on Netflix is fucking bonkers. How any of this is legal is beyond me, and the leader will eventually kill people if he isnt stopped

1 Like

Agreed!! There is also a good documentary about them on Prime/FreeVee. This stuff is like crack for me.

Yeah Im gonna check out the prime one next.

1 Like

Season 2 was universally panned. I just saw season 4 and it sucked too.

https://twitter.com/OnCinemaOnAnger/status/1759628415026516140?t=U-CHtxNX0oXtOEcUCMJSjg&s=19

4 Likes

Vince staples Netflix show is really good.

According to Deadline, Tullkenen is coming on board to replace Jeremy Podeswa (Game of Thrones). The reason for Podeswa’s departure was noted as a “scheduling conflict” due to the WGA and SAG strikes. Tullkenen directed the first two episodes of FX’s “Shogun,” set to debut on February 27. His other credits include “The Changeling,” “Upload,” “Trust” and “Wonderdate.”

I haven’t even seen Shogun and already I’m taking Tulleken as a guarantee because he directed two episodes.

:vince1:

Y’all have fucked up frames of reference because True Detective S1 was one of the greatest mini series ever made, you compare s4 to it. Night Country was good. It’s not going to go down in history as an all time great like s1 but I am glad I watched it.

4 Likes

Thank you. I was starting to question myself because I enjoyed it too. Not perfect by any means but I don’t want the 6 hours back

This latest Curb was rough. The first time they used the Wordle spoiler gag was funny, but it was not one for repeat use.

Interesting RT score. Is it because viewers didn’t appreciate the elements of Lovecraftian horror I hear s4 contains? My wife would certainly be one of those viewers…

I think the discrepancy has more to do with TV critics having incredibly low standards and/or being bought out tbh

For the first few eps I didn’t understand the very negative takes as this seemed a kinda standard (although slightly boring) show, but the last 2 eps felt like a trainwreck. Cringe callbacks and nonsensical writing, which maybe could have been saved by good acting but none of the performances really worked for me.

Re: your spoiler, there’s very little of it (if any).

99% of the time critics are being pilloried for having too high standards.

:grimacing:

Yeah I’m definitely not watching this season either.

this is overstating things. more like allusions to (spoiler)

1 Like

One upside of the incoherence of the last episode of TD is that I can’t say for sure how racist it was.

https://twitter.com/paddysroyco/status/1760365661677641778?t=u5Krrwtt95MWkghOIuRM-A&s=19

3 Likes

I have kinda been a True Detective defender but the finale was indeed ludicrous. Still an enjoyablele watch imo.

1 Like