The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Can’t capture the individual soldiers the same way it seems. I will stick with this but not loving it as well.

True Detective (S1) just keeps getting better and better.

5 Likes

Sad article about James Gandolfini. Seems that over the course of the show, James morphed into Tony, with predictably tragic results.

1 Like

That is really sad.

I loved this part about Edi Falco.

It was hardest on Falco, who led the show along with the actor and served as his frequent scene partner. According to Kamine, Gandolfini was flustered by Falco always being “fully prepared, always amazingly and instantly in character. She [was] nothing but an admirable on-set presence throughout the entire run of the show.

3 Likes

Episode 7 of The Bear is going to give me a fucking panic attack

5 Likes

This is your first go at The Bear? And this is season 1? You have some fun shit ahead. And more panic attacks.

1 Like

Based on all the raves in this thread I’m trying The Americans. I’m a few episodes in and having trouble suspending my disbelief.

1 Like

When I think about it, I’m not sure I ever really succeeded in suspending disbelief for that show, so that might not be forthcoming for you. I guess I must not downgrade spy thrillers very hard for that.

Yeah 1,7 is the most stressed ive ever been watching a show, and ive seen a lot of stressful shit.

And yeah, first time. Was waiting for my wife, but she quit after two episodes in. Couldnt stand the yelling and fighting. This episode would have probably given her an aneurysim

3 Likes

Couple questions about the episode since I was both paying attention and cringing. Was it meant to simulate a one-take, because I think it was but I cant go back and watch right now, and 2. Did the song Chicago underscore the entire episode?

Yes to your first question, I don’t know to the second.

I thought that episode was captivating and the best season 1 had to offer; flew by and I couldn’t believe it was already over when it ended. Season 2 has even higher highs, but S01E07 is a tremendous episode.

2 Likes

I’ve tried at least 5 times to make it past the first few episodes and never can for the same reason.

The Americans was good but I definitely don’t have it as high as many people seem to. I doubt I’ll ever rewatch it, all my A tier shows I’ve seen multiple times.

I can’t rewatch even the best shows. Almost always does nothing for me. There are some rare exceptions.

Sometimes something I’ve seen before might be playing in the background (I’ve got some Seinfeld going right now), but I’m not really watching it. It’s just kind of there.

Was plot resolution the whole enjoyment of these shows for you?

At least 90%.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/liluziviet_/status/1674045698600316930

9 Likes

Holy shit

2 Likes