The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Shane Gillis going to host SNL in a few weeks.

Up to date on us traitors, just finished s1 of australia and started s1 of UK.

RUTHLESS kicking two people for saying they are least likely to win. Loved it

1 Like

I loved the UK be edition. Ruthless indeed. I liked also seeing regular people instead of lots of reality stars.

1 Like

New episode of Curb was fantastic!

4 Likes

thought the ending was hilarious

2 Likes

That’s what I find the most annoying with the US version. They’re all c+ reality stars so I don’t care about any of them

1 Like

This is a savage headline

episode 4 felt like a new low. can’t wait to see where the last two take us

The first two episodes were interesting. These last two has been slloooooowwww…

Watched the first two episodes of Mr and Mr Smith but found it underwhelming. The trailer suggested better. Now I wanted to continue but wow the comments on amazon are brutal. Its at 2.5 stars now. Imdb still at 6.7. Tough decision ahead.

I am right there with you. Way too much dialog that is not the least bit interesting.

Gonna keep trying 1-2 more episodes.

Now that they’ve gone ahead and had sex maybe they’ll loosen up a little?

I watched the first 3 episodes and I don’t think I can watch any more. I was holding out hope that it would get better because the premise is interesting but there’s so much uninteresting talking and nothing interesting actually happening.

Now that they are an actual couple the show is worse for it I think. For me the idea of faking being a couple with someone you know little about was at least somewhat interesting.

Also these two are the worst at their job, which is probably the point, but it’s not funny or entertaining in a Maxwell Smart way. It’s just incompetance that’s not fun to watch.

Babylon Berlin leaving Netflix end of Feb., so doing a re-watch. 1st couple of episodes are a bit slow. Costuming and props recreate the late 1920s time period amazingly well. More gore and less sex than I remember. Highly recommend. 3 seasons, 8-10 episodes each.

Yeah, it’s really good.

“Time is like a flat true detective”?

2 Likes

Coincidentally watched the first Smiths tonight and yeah not bad? Not sure if I have 9 more of glover doing his eddie murphy without the laugh and definitely the clothes just a bit too small.

You get Tuturroand waste him on the act like a dog scene?

So your saying nothing gets better in ep3?

I thought episode 3 was the worst of the first 3 episodes. Found myself scrolling the internet instead of paying attention to any of the many boring conversations.

Wasting him could have been the point. That scene felt like some Tom Green-esque parody/absurdity thing but it just isn’t hitting right. The tone of the show is kind of all over the place and the dry humor is missing the mark.

Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and now MASTERS OF THE AIR.

Rough take-off. Turbulent storytelling. Running out of fuel just 3 episodes in. CGI not on target. Critics giving this one a lot of flak. Bomb.

BoB one of the goats, ofc. I probably like The Pacific more than most and rank it right up there.
This is just not good enough so far.

1 Like

Watched “The greatest night in Pop” and its inspiring. How that got organised in such a short time and done in one night after an award show is amazing. You might get the feeling that hope isnt lost. If we really wanted we could get stuff done. Its just sad that almost 40 years later we still got the same issues in Africa.

But seriously how many injections had Lionel recently? His face looks bloated.

All part of the master plan imo.

2 Likes