The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

There’s a point at which a person should give up on the notion of this commitment and quit.

Ratingraph.com is a great tool for answering the question of, “Is it reasonable to hope that this is going to get better?” It will at least provide a quick consensus on how audiences in general reacted. It’s, uhh, why I do not even feel inclined to give the final season of Scrubs a chance.

1 Like

Agree with this. My bias vs animated shows turned me off the first time i tried to watch it. But when I got through the first few epsisodes i was hooked and able to appreciate it for what it was. And the animation allows them to do one of the best running gags. The animal characters named with puns on hollywood actors and directors.

I think dramas and comedies need to be separated when comparing quality of shows. And Bojack is one of the few high quality animated drama(tic comedies).

The reason you cant compare quality of King of the Hill to Fargo isnt because one is a cartoon. At least imo.

Anyone else watching Death and other Details? Has the vibe of Only Murders mixed with White Lotus.

1 Like

For me the opening scene of the wire is one of the best pieces of television ever, second only to house of card’s opening scene.

2 Likes

The final season of Scrubs really doesnt count. Its a spinoff dressed up as a ninth season. End the show with “My Finale” (A top tier series finale btw) and consider it done.

1 Like

Its on my list. Mandy Patinkin as a Benoit Blanc-esque detective? Yes please

1 Like

I remember when it came out being like wait, what? Didn’t I just watch the finale? I vaguely remember it being on a different network, too.
Man scrubs is so good. Probably due for a rewatch.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1750198746590167489?t=z1_aGzVjMWvwYBtgdgUb3Q&s=19

2 Likes

White male privilege

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1750207955016757419

2 Likes

This is exactly what napoleon did.

(note: everything i know about napoleon is from the ridley scott movie)

4 Likes

Anyone watched the new true detective?

1 Like

I have. It’s the same show in name only. This season is leaning into supernatural horror as opposed to the previous seasons of gothic horror under the original creator. It’s still interesting though. I’m probably going to watch it until the end

First episode was good but my wife says she’s out if this takes a sci Fi turn which is sort of a possibility.

Pretty sure HBO got a pitch for Night Country and said “how about True Detective: Night Country”

I think it’s dope though. Fully on board after 2 eps

2 Likes

+1

#corpsicle4lyfe

I didn’t dig the pilot episode of breaking bad. I saw it on its original airing and had to try and fight through it five times before I got momentum.

On the other hand I thought The Americans pilot was fire.

1 Like

This is pretty much what happened. The creator of this season was on " The Watch" podcast and she basically said that she had the germ of an idea for a murder mystery set in the Arctic and had been working on a script. HBO reached out to her to see if she wanted to pitch for a season of True Detective, so she tweaked a few things from her original idea and sold that as the concept for this season.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/princekendalll/status/1750668760162128083?t=wi7ylkY1bjy4kgpjRPfd3A&s=19

3 Likes

It took a good 3 or 4 episodes of BB for me to get into it when I first watched it. Then it just got better and better.

I think BB had a different tone to it at first before it really hit its stride.

1 Like