The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

There is a tv reality show called The Circle. I believe Risky is referencing the movie Circle. There’s also a Tom Hanks movie called The Circle. I understand it’s bad but I haven’t seen it.

Circle summary:
In a massive, mysterious chamber, fifty strangers awaken to find themselves trapped with no memory of how they got there. Every two minutes, one of them must die… Executed by an electrical pulse generated from a source within the chamber.

1 Like

Gotta be the majority of people expected a comedy, because they kinda advertised it that way.

1 Like

Wipers is correct. There are multiple things with the same name. I’m referring to the one wipers loglined. It’s a good thriller perfect for fans of WW.

1 Like

I’m actually quite surprised by the audience score. But you may be right. I assume it has a bad Metacritic score too if the problem was that audiences expected a comedy.

1 Like

First episode of The Curse made me want to crawl out of my skin. I don’t know if I’ll make it all 10!

It’s good though.

3 Likes

A man watches the season finale of Fargo. The man puts this season in the top 3 of the five. Those who find the season lacking or weak owe a debt. But a man can forgive.

1 Like

1>2>5>3>4?

Yah, I’d say so. Ewan and Carrie Coon good in S.3 but baddie Varga not memorable enough. And maybe an extra >> between 3 and 4. Season 4 had few moments, imo. Anyone even recall that Timothy Olyphant was in that?

Still processing that Fargo season.

One thing that still bugs me. In seasons 2, 3, and 4 there has been at least one character who was in a prior season. Did season 5 have one? If so, who?

Tapped out after episode 2 of the curse. Can’t do it. So I decided to watch episode 10. Lololol wtf.

1 Like

Lol, this show will absolutely not work that way

1 Like

What do you mean?

I’d say 2>1>>(3/4/5 all interchangeable). 3-5 all have their charm in different ways, but just aren’t as good as the first two. I can’t really decide if one stands out above the other. I thought Vargas was the best part of S3 btw.

Started watching this today. It’s so good. Highly recommend.

1 Like

Reacher Season 2 finale. Loved it.

The messed with the ending a little, but if anything made it cooler. Pretty sure Reacher wins any hypothetical action star death Match draft.

Another show that is akshully elite

I realize I’m almost 20 years late to the discussion,

But Breaking Bad is a really great show! Maybe one of the best ever.

I just finished Season 3 and had to turn it off because I have to go to bed to work, and there’s two more full seasons after this!!

9 Likes

You have some great TV ahead of you. Jealous of you getting to go through this and hopefully you continue with the sequel/prequel stuff. I will understand if you skip the Spanish remake.

2 Likes

Wow what a great experience coming up

I’m watching “The Curious Case of Natalia Grace” on HBO and holy crap it’s batshit insane.

1 Like