The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Upload S2 pretty quietly dropped yesterday.

1 Like

June 3rd

4 Likes

Made a post when the finale originally aired pretty much stating the same thing. Also the episodes that took place in the past (5/7/9) were far superior to ones that took place current day.

1 Like

New season of Formula 1: Drive to Survive is out!

Time to get my annual fix of exciting racing action before forgetting about it entirely until next year.

3 Likes

Last year was the first year I watched every F1 race. I guess I picked a great year. This year Iā€™ll likely do the same since Iā€™m in the perfect timezone to see all races live, but yah, most years F1 seems not overly exciting. The series is pretty great tho.

1 Like

Season 2 of Russian Doll (finally) coming out April 20th.

Definitely looking forward to it!

3 Likes

spoiler alert

the ending is bullshit

Through four episodes of this now, and my view has changed: now I think itā€™s just bad. Maybe Iā€™m supposed to care about the daughter, but I definitely do not. And if the guy with her is actually a cop heā€™s the worst one ever. But who knows if anyone is who they say they are. I definitely do not expect anything approaching a satisfying conclusion and I may not continue to watch.

IIRC youā€™re at the low point. It gets better, but not much.

Enjoyed Upload S2. Poor Ingrid tries so hard.

1 Like

Omg. Iā€™ve been in Bulgaria for 8 full days now. First time Iā€™ve turned on the TV and I get Bulgarian survivor on the first channel. Old school knock each other off the beam into the water using giant cushions. Itā€™s 34 past the hour so I would guesss itā€™s for immunity.

Tied 6-6 not sure what you need to win.

At first I thought it was dubbed US show but the host is different and all the contestants are as pale as me. Looks like two tribes with about 7 players each.

Everyone looks 20-35. Women are on the younger side. All are at least decent.

Red wins 10-8. That went on for like 10 minutes plus.

First season back since 2015. Season 4, a player died of a heart attack. Yikes. Amazing that hasnā€™t happened on the US version.

Sorry for the play by play, but now watching all 14 players cry while reading letters from home. This has been going on a looooong time. Now I see there is 1 POC.

Seems promising

2 Likes

The book is worth reading.

1 Like

Not sure if I should put this here or in the Ukraine thread

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1504064948305080327?s=20&t=tRGDhDRUMm_pEJUynm6gwQ

i watched it in russian. s1 is pretty standard comedic fare. then there was a movie and s2, which took kind of a darker turn.

HBO coming out with another series in Baltimore involving the police

2 Likes

Just found out that Silvio from Sopranos was in the E street band with Bruce Springsteen.

Mind. Blown.

You didnā€™t know that was little Steven?

Ill do you one better. I just recently found out that John Williamsā€™ son is the lead singer of Toto.

CEfh

14 Likes