The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I’ll check that out

Whoa, quite the cast on this one

1 Like

bussin

As in “On God, BES is bussin bruh, no cap”.

4 Likes

The Castlevania anime is legit, even if you don’t know anything about the game.

I still need to check out the Gamera anime. I’m behind on my TV.

1 Like

Wtf. Turned out to be a GREAT first date movie.

@RiskyFlush watch asap and report back.

2 Likes

Did you guys ride the subway home?

3 Likes

As part of their negotiations with the actor’s union, netflix is making their viewership numbers public.

Of this list I’ve only ever heard of wednesday and i didn’t even finish the season

2 Likes

I watched The Glory, it’s one of the better K-dramas of the year.

Is the Night Agent also an intl hit? I havent heard of it

1 Like

We were holding hands in the car. Went over the train tracks in town. I got a giggle and the look.

1 Like

I never heard of Night Agent, but this premise sounds very good knowing to the series was well received.

Low-level FBI agent Peter Sutherland works in the basement of the White House manning a phone that never rings - until the night it does, propelling him into a conspiracy that leads all the way to the Oval Office.

This is why Netflix is the king, most of their marquee shows suck but there’s always at least one or two decent word-of-mouth shows that just barely keep you subscribed.

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaand just saw Night Agent was adapted by Shawn Ryan, the creator of The Shield :eyes:

4 Likes

Wtf! Be watching this immediately.

1 Like

The rub is that there is a finite amount of quality anime in this specific subgenre so calling it “mid” may not be an insult but more of where a person ranks it compared to some of it’s predecessors.

I read the Netflix comment as an afterthought.

A chronological binge watch of all samurai themed anime series could be done in ~ a weekend.

I would be surprised if anything isn’t “mid” compared to Samurai Champloo but I would love to be wrong.

*have not seen Yasuke but the ost is very, very good.

3 Likes

Yeah Champloo is so damn good.

1 Like

I missed The Gold when it first aired but checked out the first two episodes after hearing The Watch rave about it for at least a couple of episodes.

The premise is that a bunch of thieves went to pull off a big heist and didn’t realize they would be robbing a massive amount of gold. The story is what they do to try to legitimatize that gold without getting caught. A very different kind of heist story while hitting the most delicious beats of the genre.

For what it’s worth, BES hasn’t even sniffed the Netflix Top 10 here in Japan. It may be too Japanized for actual Japanese.

1 Like

They purposely cast a half japanese half white person for the main role and then the supporting japanese woman’s role went to a thigh actress :thinking:

1 Like

What shows are big in Japan right now?