The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Me at 4am six months after the show ends:

20231022_121138

4 Likes

Stick with it. I think you’ll dig the fortress infiltration

Liked Banshee a lot. It’s fairly eccentric.

2 Likes

I hate to say it, but I checked out ep1 and it has my respect but I’m not sure if it’s for me. Very good, just a matter of taste.

Banshee was a lot of fun

1 Like
1 Like

She got a big ass.

1 Like

Legit quit Heat on first viewing at “you get killed walking your DOGGIE!” and then didn’t come back to it for about a decade.

Thankfully the second viewing went a lot better and I think it’s an excellent movie. That line reading was still bad enough to make me feel okay about my original decision.

It’s a very fun movie and one of the most rewatchables of all time, but is pretty silly in several respects.

Vincent’s behavior is definitely out there, but it made more sense to me once I learned that the character was supposed to be a cocaine addict. It was written into the script and they maybe even shot some scenes but Mann didn’t use it in the end.

you got your head, ALL THE WAY UP IT

Speaking of “she’s got a GREAT ASS,” I like this time that Nicolas Cage went there with his SNL monologue.

2 Likes

That was good. My favorite part was Lorne saying Steven Seagal was the worst host because he’s not joking.

1 Like

The stray at Seagal was great. So was the Farley cameo.

3 Likes

Al Franken talking about Seagal on SNL and a follow-up to the Cage monologue:

And Bob Odenkirk with more:

4 Likes

Story about Seagal fucking up a movie:

2 Likes

I will always have a soft spot for Steven Seagal because if I recall correctly (after 30 years who knows) I think that Under Seige was like my first date movie.

2 Likes

I felt like Michael Scott rocking back and forth in his chair as Kevin tries to do the Chris Rock bit in the “Diversity Day” episode during the part where Franken tried to recite what happened in that Nic Cage monologue, but those are great clips all the same.

1 Like

Lol!!! I think the comedy technique is called “crossing the line” vs “crossing the line twice,” where in the former it’s just offensive, but in the latter you must cross the line a second time so egregiously that it becomes self aware and thus funny instead of offensive.

Oh and you gotta have a great ass.