The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

Let’s fkin goooooo

5 Likes

Coming soon my ass, gimme a date!

Also, Anthony Starr is incredible. Any recs for other stuff he has done?

1 Like

Banshee, if you haven’t seen it. I love that show.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen Banshee or pretty much anything else he’s been in, so my only recs are his two episodes of Xena: Warrior Princess, then Guy Ritchie’s new movie The Covenant. I can’t believe he’s 48!!

He was in Xena? Holy crap, wouldnt have even guessed he was active then

1 Like

Ill check it out

1 Like

He’s fkin old! At least compared to the young bucks normally cast as any version of Superman.

Warning I don’t have any memory of his Xena appearance. I loved that show so much I’m scared it doesn’t hold up lol

Oh my! 2 people possibly checking out Banshee for the first time?

:popcorn:

P.S. it’s on max, and has an 8.4 rating on IMDB which in my biased opinion, is well deserved

2 Likes

I was gonna make a joke about being too deep into Sopranos to stop for anything, but wow Banshee has a great premise.

1 Like

Hopefully Cheers has not gone by the wayside.

2 Likes

I fear it has.

Welp. That is some dark news.

2 Likes

Looks neat. Also starring ivanna milicevic, whose first younger brother tomo was in 30 seconds to Mars and whose youngest brother was a guy I smoked pot and played ping pong with in highschool.

1 Like

That’s a great scene. I feel appropriately guilty!

The Sopranos s3e1: The Wire

1 Like

Well it wasn’t the full course correction I hoped for, but I suppose I’ll take it.

(I do love sweating a first-time watcher’s thoughts on The Sopranos in the meantime, so it’s okay.)

1 Like

After one ep I’m not 100% sold on Blue Eye Samurai yet because the animation style kinda bugs me but this show does have some swag.

1 Like

It’s somewhat absurd and just puts It’s foot on the gas and doesn’t let up but I think it’s a damn fun time.

1 Like

Keep going. I think it was CanadaMatt that pointed out ep 5 was elite and he was right.

1 Like

Bang! Glad you liked it