The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

It’s worth tracking down imo. I’m not a big anime fan but would watch Ninja Scroll again anytime. That was a staple in my teenage years.

The original L.A. Law is now showing on Hulu and Prime. For you youngins, this show is the King’s repository of awesome courtroom scenes.

2 Likes

Did you check Internet archives?

1 Like

Yup I watched it last night and it was very enjoyable. Best episode of Doctor Who I’ve seen in a long time…Though I haven’t really been keeping up with the show at all since Capaldi was the Doctor.

It’s on Disney Plus here in Canada which I found slightly odd because all the other Doctor Who stuff is on Crave last time I checked.

What, are you saying that I wouldn’t want to watch a tiny woman ride a penis as big as her or a man shrink down and enter a guy’s penis or a full-on superhero orgy or all the other penis-centric scenes in both shows with my child?

My wife and I have watched both shows and we are not letting our kid watch them yet (though I wouldn’t be surprised if he has in private, considering he’s a teenager).

2 Likes

The BBC recently signed an international streaming deal with Disney for future seasons and Disney is kicking in some money to increase production values.

2 Likes

If you find it let me know please

( i have seen it and it is glorious)

1 Like

It looks like a series was made in 2021 so that might explain everything getting pulled.

ETA: The series is from 2003. Crunchyroll has it listed as 2021, which is when they were bought by Sony.

Seems preposterous we can’t purchase it digitally for christ sake

Here’s the english dub. I’ve only seen the sub, I’m not watching the dub but would guess there’s a pretty big difference in quality.

1 Like

Wow, might have to check that out. Hard to imagine it holds up today, but talk about a trip down memory lane.

Having just wrapped up Sopranos, any recommendations for my next HBO watch?

Have seen Wire and Deadwood and am due for a rewatch of both. Currently rewatching Silicon Valley. Watched through the first 2-3 seasons of GOT before I longer had HBO at that time. Worth rewatching and then watching through to the end?

Any other recs?

1 Like

Recent irl pope stuff got me rewatching The Young Pope and it’s my favorite of all time

Assorted hbo recs in order of me thinking of them on the spot right now:
Succession
Our flag means death
Veep
Chernobyl

1 Like

Man GOT is hard to recommend with the way the last few seasons went even though the first 4-5 are absolutely elite level TV and I’ve watched them a ton of times.

The Wire is always a great rewatch, I’m finishing up my 3rd or 4th one right now and loved every second of it (except S5 is dragging a bit).

for non comedies I think these are all good/great watches:

Band of Brothers
The Pacific
White Lotus
Rome
Boardwalk Empire
The Deuce
We Own this City (not as good as The Wire but the same world)
Chernobyl
Sharp Objects

probably missing some there and there are a bunch of good comedies too

2 Likes

I believed you, but I couldn’t resist the impulse to check just a couple of reviews on imdb and am pretty intrigued to watch this, to say the least.

2 Likes

The Investigation (another techy crime procedural that’s very well done)

Six Feet Under is great.

3 Likes

Six Feet Under
Big Love
The Outsider
Watchmen
Big Little Lies
Tell Me You Love Me
In Treatment

1 Like

My pony just had a near death experience

1 Like

Have already seen (and loved) Succession & White Lotus.

Hadn’t heard of The Young Pope before. Might have to give that a try. Have tried Veep and Chernobyl and for some reason could not get into either. Six Feet Under also sounds promising, as does Band of Brothers & Pacific. And I’ve head good things about Boardwalk Empire as well.

1 Like