The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I need to give this a watch. Larrimah is very close to where I grew up.

Basically in the stack ranking of shit hole Northern Territory small towns. Mine was middle of the pack, with Larrimah at the even shittier end, but similar in many respects.

Itā€™s a bit more cringe worthy than other seasons. With a lot more embarrassment.

It gets better. Last few episodes are GOAT. I cried. A lot.

This is re Sex Education

Enjoying so far. About 4 episodes in. Pretty atmospheric and I like the 4 different styles used in each time period.

Iā€™ll be very interested in your thoughts once you watch. It definitely paints Larrimah as an absolute backwater where everybody is drunk all the time and nobody has a full set of teeth, and I wonder how much of that was played for effect.

On the final episode. Itā€™s very good.

Reminds me a bit of Predestination and a lot of the Netflix original movie In the Shadow of the Moon.

Haha. I have only watched the trailer and I can tell you now that itā€™s accurate.

The two drunk, topless old guys in the trailer. Iā€™m like. You look like my friends dads growing up.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Klaine8468/status/1718991931684929758?t=mOBBtmqU-CUyhJtu1WYNKg&s=19

None of it. You have to be a fucking lunatic to live out there. Miles from anywhere, flat and featureless, hot and humid as balls year round, no phone reception, no services at all, road trains rolling past your door 24/7. I mean if you donā€™t spend your time drinking at the pub, what do you spend it doing?

Iā€™m four episodes in to Fall of the House of Usher and enjoying it. Very different tone to the other Mike Flanagan shows which were all played very straight, this one is bordering on black comedy. Itā€™s predictable stuff but so fun to watch.

2 Likes

Not even bordering. Roderickā€™s young wife is screamingly hilarious throughout.

Two more Sopranos episodes to go. Last couple have been elite TV. Thought I was getting tired of living in Tonyā€™s world but now I donā€™t want it to end.

7 Likes

Stopped on the James Gandolfini rest stop in Jersey this weekend. He does not take good care of the restrooms.

3 Likes

Do you already know how it ends?

Just a reminder, Invincible season 2 starts dropping on Friday

4 Likes

Every time we drive by the Judy Blume rest area, I ask her if she needs to drop a Superfudge.

Itā€™s a wonder she hasnā€™t divorced or murdered me.

3 Likes

:vince3:

1 Like

She understands such things are a feature of the eyebooger, not a glitch.

1 Like

I donā€™t.

Exciting!

1 Like

I liked this
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1718482832727617903?t=ce97ZwMxTD9vzmtDUcs_eQ&s=19

8 Likes