The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

The jerkoff math episode is maybe the best thing ever put on tv.

2 Likes

Literally just watched that episode last night.

1 Like

I like that the whole audience full of dudes is just voluntarily going in for this tip-to-tip plan to maximize the efficiency.

1 Like

New Gen V was pretty wild. Excited for the finale

1 Like

Shower thought: Why do you never see Friends on the list of greatest spin off shows. It is technically a spin off of Mad About You

1 Like

No idea what the technical definition of a spin-off is but friends from may is stretching it?

Maybe, but like, a character related to one of the main Friends cast is in a number of Mad About You episodes. I mean, how much of a Spin off is Family Matters from Perfect Strangers?

1 Like

Yeah, great setup heading into the last ep.

Still not entirely sure Cate and the dean arenā€™t somehow in this together, but I think thats where the writers want us to be.

2 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m all for blurred boundaries that allow for a canonical TV or cinematic universe.

I have a funny idea to gather every movie with a year as the title and write a fan theory that links them all into the same story/universe.

The movie dimension goes through so many abrupt changes :flushed:

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhh that spoiler would be a great reveal. Great episode!!

Iā€™m also happy they finally explained how exploding head ladyā€™s powers work lol

1 Like

Just finished WoT Season 2 and agree it slaps. The way they added some storylines to make the characters actually express and learn was fantastic. The Rand/Innkeeper storyline was 10/10

1 Like

Scavangers Reign is still trippy and Iā€™m more into it than before. Love it.

1 Like

Sometimes I think people just make up names in this thread to trick people.

Cā€™mon man. On a serious note, I was sure that Nebulaā€™s Edge was a mini-series. Now I see thereā€™s a Season Two? I assume this is going to go all deep into inter-stellar diplomacy or something, but I thought the original run ended pretty well?

1 Like

In adition to Scavengers Reign and Nebulaā€™s Edge, Im really enjoying Bastionsā€™ Triumph. Just hard hitting writing and a great voice cast.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t someone do this way back and link about 30 different shows from the 80s/90s to the St Elsewhere Extended Universe?

Interesting. One of my favorite shows of all time. Not sure how David Morse became a movie baddie. Guess he got pissed off at how his wife slipped in the shower and then they could have saved her but Dr Craig needed her heart for a patient that paid him a million under the table. (Not to mention his girlfriend -that looked an awful lot like Jamie Buchman- aborted his baby and broke up with him).

R.I.P. Chandler.

7 Likes

Actually, gum would be perfection.

3 Likes

Speaking of which.