The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I want to say it’s a comedy, but Dustin Hoffman said it best in Stranger Than Fiction.

Comedy you get hitched, drama you die.

Now technically he says tragedy, not drama, but that’s not a persuasive quibble. I’d even be on board with the marriage being between Carmy and the restaurant, but I don’t think the show is headed toward “and they lived happily ever after.”

It’s just too, well, tragic.

Yeah that was pretty silly but it’s been very good since then. Better than last season imo.

Let’s get a Bosch/Justified crossover. What a team they’d make!

this is my feeling.

i’m looking at succession, and all the awards for succession were in Drama, but succession absolutely had WAY more laughs per hour than the bear. and overall tone the bear is way more dramatic

2 Likes

Bears are just funny: Yogi Bear, Smokey the Bear, Bear Grylls

4 Likes

out of respect for jeremy strong, the awards people decided to just call it a drama

3 Likes

1 Like

Generally like how they resolved it except they needed to get the DA in with his immunity offer and then yank it last minute by having Maddie on a video call or something.

Are you done having your tantrum?

1 Like

Right? We dont call BCS a dark comedy even though there are some incredible funny moments in it.

It’s probably called a comedy because the studio wants it classified as a comedy for the purpose of awards.

Thanks for the heads up. Loved Hill House, and I’m going to marry Carla Gugino some day (it’s not an infatuation, we’re deeply in love), so this should be right up my alley.

4 Likes

Star Trek: Lower Decks has tied itself to a beloved episode of TNG. “Lower Decks”

The Bear Jew

Cocaine Bear

1 Like

I drove my son and his friend to see that movie. Fortunately, I went in with them to make sure all was well, because the theater manager happened to be the ticket taker and wouldn’t let them in because they were underage. So I was all, “Well, guess I’m seeing Cocaine Bear.”

I had other things to do, so that part was disappointing, but I certainly enjoyed seeing the movie with the boys.

1 Like

When my son was 9 he wanted to go see a Chucky movie in the worst way. Turns out he had seen the first 2-4 during sleepovers. I still did not take him to the theater. I generally dont like movies where children are terrorized.

1 Like

Rewatching Silicon Valley. Forgot how good it was.

4 Likes