The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I’ll put this here because of who is speaking.

https://twitter.com/FloorKarpeting/status/1714499491598942217

4 Likes

Star Trek Strange New Worlds broke out a musical episode, now Doom Patrol. That was fucking great.

1 Like

TIL these two had a podcast. Is it any good?

Gen V ep6 has me very excited for both this spinoff show and the implications of The Boys s4. Outstanding world building. The show has def broken new ground and both distinguished itself from The Boys while proving itself as an essential equal.

1 Like

Don’t know. Only saw that funny clip.

Question for those who watch the new Quantum Leap (which is pretty solid):

Does Ben ever sleep? He leaps into a new body and is immediately in the thick of things. He seems to always be on the go. I think the most recent episode is the only one where he obviously slept because a) he stayed in a hotel, and b) he was drugged.

Yes, pretty awesome episode. Then blown away by Beautful Distortions version of Hazy Shade of Winter over the end credits.

Idk anything about that band. Is this new for the show or something they released a while back?

1 Like

I’m not sure, but I know from The Power season 1 that they’re all about integrating new versions of songs, such as this fucking dynamite version of “In Your Eyes” from Morgan Kibby.

List of all songs so far from Gen V:

Edit: this cover is old so I am guessing a producer heard it and said HELL YEAH

I guess since he jumps into bodies he is inheriting their current awakeness state, serotonine levels etc. Would be interesting to see him jump into a sleeping person.

1 Like

Anyone checked out Bodies on Netflix? It’s good; a bit like Dark.

2 Likes

Jon Stewart being canceled by apple.

The reason for the shift? Stewart and Apple executives “had disagreements over some of the topics and guests,” the sources said. Specifically, they claimed Stewart told staffers that Apple execs took issue with planned programming related to both China and artificial intelligence, and noted that with the 2024 US election coming up, there might have been additional opportunities for disagreement then.

2 Likes

Fuck Apple

2 Likes

Yah I mean Stewart canceled? More like Stewart quit. I’d have loved to have been in the room when he told Apple to go fuck a puppet (not a real quote).

1 Like

For about half a second I was ecstatic that someone else had seen Bodied.

Damn those one letter variations :sob:

I’ve seen Bodied! When Eminem and DNegs have production credits on a movie, I feel obligated to see it :) Also, some of my favorite battle rappers were in it/ worked on it.

1 Like

Right??? The rap battles are so good. And this skinny white kid slinging rhymes but constantly getting his ass handed to him until he learns is :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

The battles are good, and it actually led me to consider issues like who gets to comment on subcultures and how they can/should do it in interesting ways.

1 Like

Scavengers Reign is an absurdly beautiful Sci Fi animates series that just dropped on Max. Some of the visuals are haunting and stick with you long after you turn it off.

4 Likes

You weren’t kidding. The trailer looks great. Love the style. Same kind of Alien feels I was hoping for from Prometheus.

Yeah they do a really good job with the world and creature design. A lot of sci fi will fall back on familiar humanoidish designs, but this takes advantage of the medium and comes up with a lot of great alien world stuff

1 Like