The Television Streaming Thread: Part II - Hot Takes, Jags Fans, and Bert

I see almost nobody talk about this show, but Bad Sisters seems really good through the first few episodes.

Watched the first 2 episodes and enjoying it.

This Matt Jones guy isnā€™t coming across as very likable. I donā€™t know how much of that is real or how much is kayfabe within the documentary. But heā€™s really coming off as a bit of a douchey sportsbro so far.

1 Like

Very rough first episode of survivor. Hope it gets better or we are in for a bad season.

1 Like

This is for sure the weirdest trailer Iā€™ve ever seen.

I, too, am excited.

1 Like

damn S2E6 of Wheel of TIme was so good, this season is definitely a banger

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec on sharp edges. Almost done and man that is some dark but good shit. Amy Adams absolutely smashes the lead role. It has to be one of the least talked about/most underrated good shows ever.

Sharp Objects?

My bad. Yes sharp objects.

Thought I was the lone one around here still watching this. Only into EP1 and itā€™s clear theyā€™ve made some WOAT casting decisions, although maybe not from a comedy standpoint.

It can only get better from here.

1 Like

I finished ep3 and OMG.

The perfect way to rewatch Game of Thrones is to watch all the way up to the season five finale, then skip to the WOT season two premiere and pretend this is the aftermath from thousands of years later.

Which means the Dragon Reborn is most likely Jon Snow

Itā€™s not Bran. Stop saying itā€™s Bran.

1 Like

So yeah, Matt after buying OVW pitched Netflix the show and gave them creative control. He has said he expected them make him look bad initially. But he also said they did him bad on the golf scramble.

ā€œReptileā€ on Netflix with Del Toro and Timberlake isā€¦not good.

1 Like

Itā€™s here!

Remember how refreshing and subversive that first episode of The Boys felt?

Iā€™m pleased to say that same feeling is back again with their spin-off Gen V. Great new characters and world building, hilarious and terrifying new powers, plenty of fun surprises in the cast.

The ending of the first episode has me hooked for a storyline that doesnā€™t need to have any connection to the main plot of The Boys.

Release schedule is first three at premiere with a new episode every Thursday. Iā€™m here for it.

2 Likes

Nice, ill be checking it out this weekend.

1 Like

Iā€™m hooked. The writers are geniuses.

1 Like

Mortal Kombatā€™s Skarlet primed me to love the main characterā€™s power.

2 Likes

Wheel of Time update.

Skipped season one and been watching season two. While waiting to watch the season two finale with my significant other, I watched season one and WOW.

The first five episodes are like what if the redhead kid from Love Actually decided to cosplay and go on a hike while listening to Lord of the Rings. Itā€™s visually and thematically redundant.

But episode six is suddenly like the quality of season two. And then the cold open for episode 7. Holy shit.

Everyone should stop what theyā€™re doing and just watch the cold open battle sequence of Wheel of Time season one episode 7.

Then I started the season 2 ep7 and see it directly references the opening and lingering questions. Serendipity! Now I have to wonder if the seasons have had that kind of parallel episode structure the whole time.

1 Like

Finished Winning Time tonight. What a loss that show got canceled. First off the acting was mostly great, especially by the guys playing Bird, Magic and Kareem(all no names). Secondly not getting to see the rest of the story line through the 80s until Magicā€™s HIV diagnosis is a real loss. Seeing John C. Reilly react to Magic having HIV would have been incredible.

Itā€™s probably the best sports TV show ever and the fact it was cut short sucks.

1 Like

Started watching the show and yeah 2.5 eps in this is a pretty accurate description lolā€¦good to know we can hope for better things soon

1 Like